Thursday 16 July 2020

Slow progress

Not much to report at my place. I'm making very slow progress on my crochet project.
I think this is about as big as this one is going to get, with the addition of borders and a fancy edge.
The method I have chosen to join the squares is tedious and fiddly at best. I could add a more colourful description of the process, but we'll keep it polite. 
That of course means I'll have a whole bunch of extra mini squares all left over. But that's OK as I already came up with a new plan for those. LOL
I'll keep you posted once some progress has been made!
Today after work I took myself off to buy fabric for backing kaffetastic. I found a lovely plain grey 100% cotton flat sheet. That will do just fine. Very happy with that.
So maybe I'll make a start on quilting that this weekend.
No progress has been made on my next scrapper. I thought I had settled on a design, but keep on changing my mind! LOL
I saw some scrappy mile a minute blocks the other day, with a lovely sashing and border fabric...It was done Dancing Nine Patch style....Speaking of dancing nines, that would be a good scrapper too!!
See what I mean? LOL
I think I need to spend a little more time on research and development. LOL
Sadly the new tube for my lamp has not yet arrived, so no cross stitch or I stitch progress to report. I did think about making up the I stitch blocks and stitching the designs later. But that's all I did, the thinking. 
*
My boy back on the Isle of Man was up early the other day to catch the tide.
His Grand dad had beat him to it!
What a lovely picture of Dads boat in the sun rise.
I'm told he could now sail from the island, to the UK. But he hasn't.
The Isle of Man, like NZ is pretty much clear of COVID, with the only new cases being those coming in from elsewhere and hopefully being properly managed and cared for. There was some talk of opening an air corridor with one of the channel islands, so that people could have a bit of a holiday, a sort of we go there they come here thing, but people are nervous, as healthy people who moved to the mainland UK try to get home to the islands, sadly a few of them unknowingly are already ill and everyone departs and arrives through the same airports, so for many a holiday away from their home island is just too risky. The ferry between England and the Isle of Man is operating again, but anyone who leaves the island and returns must spend 14 days in quarantine. Which makes for a long break. May as well stay at home and relax, take some day trips locally or work around the house. My dad was always sailing away to England, Scotland, Ireland, (the Isle of Man is very conveniently situated right in the middle) but right now, he is settling for sailing around the island or cruising up and down the coast. 
We're never going back, but I wish we could all find a new normal.


7 comments:

Maria said...

Pleased you were polite about the tedious joining of the crocheted blanket... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Great to have found a great backing for Kaffe ...
Good luck with settling on a scrap project..
Beautiful photo of the sunrise at the Isle of Man... seems like an idle place to stay put free of Covid....

kiwikid said...

Your crochet blanket looks wonderful despite being tedious and other unmentionable things!! 😁😁 great to have found a Kaffe backing, that is a stunning photo with the boat. Who knows what normal will be, best to stay at home for a while I think.

Karen S said...

The squares are looking good together. Good luck sorting out the next project.
The photo is lovely!

jude's page said...

Wow that photo is amazing, and glad you found a backing. You will eventually settle on a scrap quilt pattern, but enjoy the search and finding lots of options.

Ondrea said...

Sadly, as long as people do the wrong thing, we will not see a new normal for a while. I am still shocked at the number of people who blatantly ignore the restrictions here. Love your crochet and I thought I could hear some woman swearing from here lol. I am sure it will be worth the effort when finished. Beautiful serene pic. Keep smiling and stitching.

AnnieO said...

Glad some crafty things can still be occupying your hands and mind while waiting for that slow boat. I’ve not been down to our harbor in some weeks so don’t know how many folks are sailing or boating. We have a lot of folks who live on their boats in our man-made harbor. The dredge is always at work keeping the channel open. Thanks for the Isle of Man facts!

Janice said...

Your little blanket is going to look great, even if it is fiddly. That’s a lovely photo of Master Frank and interesting hearing about how IOM Is fairing.