Monday 20 July 2020

It's Quilted

Kaffetastic is quilted.
It took me two days, thanks to many interruptions and an evening out.
It might have gone faster if the supervisor had stayed with me, but she went off bird watching!
In all reality it didn't actually take that long to sew the simple cross hatching lines.
Sometimes simple is best.
The binding is on and just needs me to have time to stitch it down.
maybe this evening.
 It would keep me warm, being tucked up under a lovely quilt while we watch a little TV this evening. 
How did your weekend go?


10 comments:

Maria said...

Great job on another big finish..

Gail said...

It's so nice to say "It's finished!" Great job, stay warm.

kiwikid said...

Well done on the quilting finish, the supervisor got distracted huh!! 😁

jude's page said...

I bet you feel great to have finished, and even have the binding done too. Reminds me I have 2 quilts here, just waiting for the binding to be sewn on, so better get busy.

Janice said...

You took no time to get that done. The simple backing sounds ideal, not competing with the front.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It is always a relief when the quilting is finished. I look forward to the big reveal when the binding and label is on.

Ondrea said...

Well done! I still have a few quilts waiting for labels, binding and quilting. Love the crocheted blanket on your chair. I am surprised your cat wasn't sitting on it.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Kaffetastic is beautiful and I agree with your quilting plan. Simple is often best and this works so well for your blocks.

Karen S said...

Well done. I agree - simple is often the best.

Bethan said...

Simple is generally my favourite way to go, especially if the quilt is busy. Looking forward to seeing the final pictures!