Saturday 1 January 2022

Happy New Year Everyone.

Well here we are, in to a whole new year. I wonder what it has in store for us?
I really don't wish to dwell on that, so lets move on.
Chooky is hosting her first Zoom sew along on 2nd January, so if you would like to join in go along to her blog and leave a comment. I've been making preparations. I ran out of blocks to sew last week, so this week I plan to have plenty to keep me busy.
First I had to pull some papers from the back of the blocks I have made.
Then I had to prepare lots of white back ground pieces.
Here they are 60- 70 of them nestled into my project box,
waiting......
If I get a chance today I'll be making up some blue squares too.
Sadly we have some colleagues off work this week. One has hurt her back and another is fairly sure she only has a head cold, but had to get tested and is awaiting results. Another decided to resign! So I have extra shifts, all three of my days off this week I'll be working extra 5-9 shifts. So I'll have to leave Zoom, but will join in as soon as I get home again. 
On Thursday Hubby and I took a quick trip into town, I had no calendar for my sewing room. I was lucky and got hold of the very last Wrendale calendar in the store.
I do like the way she protrays animals.
And as soon as I saw Miss September I thought of you Chooky. LOL
Just look at that lovely tail.
*
Well If I'm to get some blue squares prepared for tomorrow I had better get off the lap top and pull out my project box.
*
Wishing each of you all the very best for 2022. I hope you find lots of time to relax and do the things you love and I wish you all good health. 


11 comments:

jude's page said...

Thanks Lou, Happy New Year to you too. I do love that the chooky even has a blue tail!!

ButterZ said...

So good that you are well prepared for tomorrow’s zoom.
Let’s hope for a better year.

Chookyblue...... said...

yeh I can't wait to zoom tomorrow.........Im sure we will still be on when you get back from work......Lucy is looking very organised.....

Janice said...

Happy New Year. See you tomorrow.

Lin said...

Happy New Year Lou. Enjoy your zoom and your EPP. xx

Diane-crewe said...

Stay safe .. and enjoy your FABULOUS calendar x

Radka said...

Happy New Year to you too!

Barwitzki said...

The calendar is great, nice that you got it.
"Don't Look Up" is really good, I'm happy that I got to see the film.
Good luck with your sewing projects.
I wish you a happy 2022.
Hug Viola

Fiona said...

Happy New Year
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Happy New Year, was good to see you zooming, did you use all the white pieces? That is a beautiful calendar, perfect chook for Miss Chooky.

Ondrea said...

It was good to see you yesterday. Your preparation worked well. I so love your LB blocks.