Wednesday 23 February 2022

Back to work.

My annual leave comes to an end today.  I'll be off to work this afternoon.
It's been a good week, with busy times and slow times. I've cleaned and tidied, cooked and baked, reorganised and sorted. 
I had thought I might be very busy with my sewing machine, but that didn't happen, instead I picked up my cross stitch and had some slow stitching days. So my brothers regiment badge went from this..
To this.
Not finished, but very close.
I'm pleased with my achievement and will hopefully get a chance to do a little more today before I head in to work.
I was busy in the kitchen again this morning, making a lemon and weetbix slice.
I had to try a piece, to make sure it's good enough for Tony to eat. LOL
It has a lovely flapjacky texture and flavour with an amazingly lemony icing.
It is delicious.
I also made a big bowl of coleslaw to keep us going for a day or two and tomato sauce for the freezer. 
That's it, my days chores and responsibilities are almost done. The only thing left to do is cook some lunch for Tony.
As it's too early to do that, I might go and pick up my needle. 




 

12 comments:

Janice said...

You did make good progress with the cross stitch. How will you finish it off once done? I made a lemon weetbix slice recently. It sounds very similar.

Jennifer said...

Well done on the cross stitch! I used to make a chocolate weetbix slice.....haven't made it for a very long time. I remember it had to be cut while warm, because a knife wouldn't go through once it had cooled and hardened.

ButterZ said...

All that baking sounds delicious. Happy cross stitching

Diane-crewe said...

you are getting on really well with the cross stitch x Hope the first day back was OK

cityquilter grace said...

lovely stitching and the cake does look yummy! and oh those crumb blocks...i do love a scrappy

marina said...

sounds like you have had a lovely and fruitful week off, lovely cross stitch.
Look forward to seeing the complete picture.

kiwikid said...

Fantastic progress with your cross stitch! That slice looks wonderful.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Great progress on the cross stitch - I love watching it grow! And oh, that slice looks yummy! I love anything with lemon... xx

AnnieO said...

Your stitching looks lovely! Glad your leave time included lots of things you love to do.

Chookyblue...... said...

the cake looks lovely.......and you did some good progress on the cross stitch

Rose Marie said...

That looks delish .... can you send some to me! LOL Your needlework is coming along very nicely.

Christine B said...

Love the stitching and that cake does look good! Christine xx