Thursday 17 February 2022

And yet more scraps.

 Yes, I've been bagging scraps again. I scored this bundle on FB.
The courier dropped it off this morning. It's quite a big package
Which contained this big bundle of scraps..
Which were not really what most of us call scraps.
Hmm, blogger, why did you turn my picture sideways??

This floral stripe is folded double over my ironing board.
And this pink is folded in four! It's a BIG piece of pink.
There are lots of new stars in my stash. LOL
They were quite big pieces, with all sorts of odd shapes cut out, so needed a good tidy up once I had pressed them.
There were some other surprises too.
George was a very lucky doggo to have such a cool bandana. LOL
And how about this handkerchief? 
Pretty good for a Leo who loves blue.
I think it might make a good centre for a medallion quilt. 
There were several of these.....
In all it took me just over two hours to sort, press and tidy everything. 
The fabrics in the above picture still need to be trimmed in to shape.
As well as the big pieces there were also some very pretty smaller pieces.
Which will make nice additions to my scrap and crumb drawers.
I have been incredibly lucky with my scrap finds recently.
I might give it a rest for a while and try to use some fabric. LOL
*
On the subject of using fabrics...
I mentioned last time that I was hoping to have a play with my quilt rulers.
WRONG!!
I foolishly had it in my mind that the ruler foot off one Janome, would fit on to the other Janome.
NOPE!
I knew of course that the feet were not interchangeable, but broke a needle before I remembered that wee gem.
So Tony and I went shopping.
NOT paying NZ prices. Nearly $200 plus P&P.
Aus prices were a little better, but the post fee made it more expensive than buying local.
USA prices were pretty good, post was ok too, but I'll have to wait...........................
UK prices less then half of the NZ cost, post was even ok. But no one responded to our query.
USA it was then.
I'm waiting until the end of March for my new ruler foot. 
NZ retailers, if you want me to buy local, then set realistic prices.
It is cheaper to get something shipped in from the other side of the world, where do you think I'm going to shop?
*
So, I'll keep myself busy with something else while I await the arrival of my new ruler foot. 
My scrap drawers and crumb baskets are bursting. 


7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Have fun with those new-to-you fabric scraps!!

Raewyn said...

Great score with the scrap bag Lou, looks like you have lots of happy sewing ahead. A shame about your ruler foot - amazing the difference between all the prices - it pays to shop around.

Diane-crewe said...

great bag of fabric x Why are other peoples "cast-offs" so much more fun? lol x

Janice said...

A nice addition to your stash. Have fun playing with them. It’s quite incredible the differences in prices at times. Hopefully the post will be quicker than my card from Gail, which took 2 months to arrive.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful scrap bag Lou, you will have fun with that! Shame about the ruler feet prices, hopefully you get one soon.

Lin said...

Plenty there to keep you busy. xx

Ondrea said...

Woohoo! Lovely scraps to sort through. Such fun. Not so much joy with the ruler though.