Saturday 5 February 2022

A Bit of Quilting and some Sale Shopping!

 I've started my studies again, so my sewing time has reduced a little. Only a little though as I have decided to slow down a little on the studies and not work quite as intensely as I did last year. So far I'm enjoying the reduced pace.
It gives me more time to play.
On Wednesday I loaded this Jelly Roll Race on to the frame and made a start.
I'm using the pattern perfect boards again, keeping it simple by repeating the small wave pattern over and over.
I'm about half way down the quilt and hope to get it completed over the weekend.
For binding I have the remainder of the rainbow batik jelly roll that was used to add those splashes of colour.
*
Speaking of batik, an online store I frequent was having their pre stock take sale and offered bundles of 10 pre cut fat quarters at a very good price, (They specified they would not be cutting new, only using up what was already cut in store) so I bit and bought two bundles. I was able to give instructions regarding colour etc. I asked for batiks in blues and maybe greens, but all different please, so long as they played nicely together. Sometimes this kind of shopping can be a bit of a gamble, but who ever picked them did really well, I love them.
In all of that, there was one repeat. Pretty good odds I say. 
They are going to live in this drawer.....
I think I had better do something soon with some batik off cuts, or a good sized batik quilt maybe.
It's getting pretty crowded in there.
*
It's a cool, dark and wet day here in my little part of the world. More like winter than summer. A good day to stay indoors and play, so I'm off to quilt until it is time to work. 
*
How is your weekend going?

7 comments:

kiwikid said...

I like your Jelly Roll race quilt, and the quilting pattern you are using. Great purchase with the batiks. They are beautiful colours. Hot weekend coming up here.

Ondrea said...

The Batiks won't sit around for long as they appear to be very tempting.

jude's page said...

Lovely collection of batiks, your quilting is foing well

cityquilter grace said...

can't go wrong with batiks...and you are one busy gal...studies, work, lucy...oh my!

Lin said...

Those batiks are gorgeous! xx

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a great selection of batiks. So pretty.

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely batiks.......goodluck with the studies.......