Sunday 6 February 2022

Progress.

I said in my last post that I was hoping to get the quilting finished on my Jelly Roll Race quilt this weekend, and yesterday I did just that.
Nothing fancy, just row after row of wavy lines.
While Miss Belle was doing her inspections...
I got the binding made. When I was cutting those lovely splashes of colour, I made sure to keep enough of the colours back to be able to bind the finished top.
I had just enough time, before heading off to work, to sew the binding in to place.
Todays job is to trim the top, because I was in a hurry to attach the binding, I didn't bother to do it yesterday. 
Then I'll pick a movie or maybe one of my Attenborough favourites and sit me down comfortably and close the binding. 
*
Then what?
I do have more quilt tops that need to be quilted, but I feel like a change of pace....
I'll see where the muse, or the squirrel takes me. 

 

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

Lovely quilt. Hugs, xx

ButterZ said...

Good work on the quilting. Looks like you are enjoying your new adventure.

jude's page said...

Love your quilting job, it gives such great texture! Well done

Fiona said...

Looks great.. I really love the look of the wavy lines...
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Well done the quilting looks fantastic. Looking forward to where the muse/squirrel takes you next!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That is going to be a super cute quilt finish. LOVE those pops of color in the sea of black and gray!!

Jenny said...

Theres nothing quite as satisfying as hand stitching the binding down, I always think. Great looking quilt, I've never made a Jellyroll one.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

It's so pretty! I like the waves, great idea.. and I love Miss Belle! xx

Diane-crewe said...

it looks wonderful x

dq said...

IT looks so great!! Perfect quilting pattern choice!

Rose Marie said...

I've always wanted to have my LAer do a wavy line on one of my tops. Seeing your quilt definitely puts that idea in my mind. Sweet quilt!

Lin said...

Your quilting looks amazing - very effective. xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Looks good well done....