Tuesday 8 February 2022

The Jelly Roll Race is Run.

Last time you were here I'd completed the quilting and gotten the binding on to my Jelly Roll Race quilt. I had left the trimming until after the binding was added, because I was in a hurry. 
So on Sunday I took myself in to my room to trim off the edges ready to close the binding.
Belle was there before me. I've never seen her squished up on there before.
While I was trimming, she came over on to the cutting table to supervise, which made me nervous, what if she hopped in to the way of my blade?
But she seemed content to stay where she was.
Supervising, but not too closely.
Maybe she was inspecting my lovely wavy quilting again.
It took two sessions to get the binding closed. I started on Sunday before going to work, then completed it on Monday.
As Monday was a public holiday here in NZ, Tony was home and offered to model the finished quilt for me.
I think the stripes should go horizontally, but Tony wanted to try vertical.
Nope! I don't like it that way. 
Here it is temporarily pegged on to the quilt rail in my hallway.
I'm really pleased with the way this one turned out and I'm happy to have it hang out for a while. 
*
I'm off out with debs today, we're going to do a little retail therapy, have some lunch and then may be have a sit n stitch if there is time left.
I'd better go find something portable for the sit n stitch. 



 

8 comments:

ButterZ said...

A lovely finish. Well done.. now son to the next one.

Jeanette said...

Lovely quilt. I agree needs to be horizontal. :) I have some curious kitties that will either sit behind my machine while i'm trying to sew, sit on my cutting table or on my ironing board (with the iron on). I'm always moving them out of my way. Hugs, xx

dq said...

I too prefer horizontal, but whoever snuggles up in the quilt will ultimately get to decide.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Yes, horizontal for me too. Love those splotches of bright colours and the pretty wavy quilting lines. Belle did a great job with supervising!

jude's page said...

Hope you had a good day out with retail therapy and the company of your friend. Your quilt has turned out fantastic. Now onto the next!

Jennifer said...

Love that quilt.....black and white with splashes of colour always does it for me, and your quilting sets it off so well.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful finish, I like it horizontally too.

Karen S said...

That is a lovely finish and I really like the effect created by the wavy quilting.