Monday 14 February 2022

Oh Crumbs, another squirrel.

 My growing collection of scrap fabrics all needs to be sorted, pressed, tidied up and put away, which has meant that my baskets of crumbs were filling up fast. So over the weekend I've sat down at my machine and started to sew.
I wonder where all this little girls friends are? 
She's not really a crumb, but as she is alone I popped her in to the basket.
I'm not sure which bundle she arrived in but I do know she was the only one.
I made sure that she has good company.
It really does not take long to make up these crumb blocks.
I started to put them together in to placemat sized blocks, thinking they would be good for practising using my rulers, but as I laid them out on the floor a squirrel planted another idea in my head. LOL
If I just turn one this way, and one that way, add a little sashing, where is my tape measure.......?
LOL
There are plenty of crumbs left, so that particular squirrel may just happen.
*
How was your weekend?
I'm tired, I've done three extra shifts over the weekend, this evening and tomorrow evening with be 6 and 7 shifts without a day off, I'm looking forward to Wednesday.
Right now I'm off to prepare a very special Valentines lunch for Tony, to make up for the fact that I'm working this evening. 
Happy Valentines day. 



10 comments:

kiwikid said...

Oh my goodness the squirrel is still happily resident at your house!! Great crumb blocks, and yes another quilt is in the making!!

Raewyn said...

I hope you both enjoyed your Valentines' lunch, Lou. Your crumbs look like lots of fun, Work sounds really busy... hopefully Wednesday comes around quickly!

ButterZ said...

Enjoy your valentines meal. Happy sewing. Don’t wear yourself out with working

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your crumbs are lovely! I'm glad that your squirrel is "busy" as well!

Fiona said...

They look so good together... I like your plan of making smaller blocks first then joining them...
Hugz

jude's page said...

I like your thinking and look forward to seeing where you are going.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your crumb stitching is quite impressive.... and now that you have a new idea.... I like where it is headed!!! so colorful and fun!
Enjoy your time together!!

Janice said...

There’s no fabric wastage at your house. It will be a fun project. Little Hollie Hobbie girls are so sweet. I’m glad she is being used. Bring on Wednesday. I bet I know where you will be found.

Karen S said...

It is so easy to start a new project. We all fall for it. Great way to use all your extra pieces.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Your crumb blocks are lovely, and what a win to get the little girl in there! xx