Sunday 27 February 2022

Stash Acquisition and Zooooom. Oh! And a pie.


You had better get comfortable, this looks like being a long one.
 So yesterday was another amazing Zoom day hosted by the lovely Chookyblue
I called it Zoooom in the title, because it was a looong session.
Thank you once again Chooky for getting us all organised and in the same place. You are wonderful and I really appreciate what you do. 
A quick picture of a bunch of us all sewing and chatting, can you see yourself in there?
Some people made great progress on one project, some worked on many. It was fun to do it together even though miles, time zones and oceans separated us, we worked together and chatted together as we each made progress. It's always good to put a face to those names that we see commenting on our blogs.
I seem to have a reputation for making good progress during these zoom sessions and this time was no different.
Of course I was working on my lovely Lucy Blue project.
I started out stitching white pieces on to the completed blues.
Until I ran out of prepared whites.  
Then I began working on the remaining few packages of prepared blues.

I had one bunch of problem fabric that did not want to play,
No matter where I put it
But eventually after some shuffling about between packages, 
it found a home in the block below.
That blue with ditzy white flowers, is so busy I had problems finding a home for it.
Now there is another problem. After all of my shuffling about trying to make it work, I have another outcast. LOL That dark blue with the electric blue leaves does not want to play nicely with what I have left. I think I'll have to cut another set of fabrics for the final round of this one.
*
While we were busy stitching there was some chatter about how our other halves were managing without us. Some popped in to say hello, or help with show and tell, holding up one side of a quilt. Others were there quietly in the back ground.
As you know Tony is amazing and looks after me very well during these sessions. He made me cheese on toast for lunch and decided to order a curry delivery for tea! Yummy.
Today is his day, he is off on a fishing trip with his dad and his brother. Fishing trips need food!
Which I am told, must be bacon and egg pie. Good old Tony was happy to make his own, he just wanted a little guidance from me please.
The boy did good. He has every right to look like Punch!
Once it was cooled he sliced it up and popped it into a box.
He left me a slice to have for my breakfast. It was delicious.
I think it will keep him fuelled for the day.
*
If you remember I mentioned stash acquisition in the title for this post. I'm wondering now if I should have left that for another blog post, but the photos are already uploaded, so I may as well just carry on.
On Friday, Debbie and I went on another wee shopping trip. The Pin Tin in Geraldine are having their pre stocktake sale, with some very huge and tempting reductions on fabric.
There isn't anything I really, really need, but Debbie had a short list, so along we went.
I found a few pieces of fabric that looked like they may have possibilities. 
A bobbin box as my current box fell and broke.
And the cutest pair of scissors.
They were not in the sale and rather expensive, I really don't need them, but they are so cute.
I also purchased the last few DMC threads I need for my next cross stitch project. I started kitting it the other day. More about that another time.
Debbie got everything on her list and was delighted that the shop lady helped her to find the perfect white on white to use as sashing fabric for her big scrap project. Rather than normal quilting fabric, she got a huge piece of extra wide backing at less than half price and, because there was a mark on the fabric, (a tiny mark very close to the selvedge that will be very easy to avoid), she got a half meter for free.
Three meters of extra wide backing for $50. Ohmigosh!
*
After a lovely lunch we headed back to Timaru and visited some op shops.
Debbie scored in all three.
Me in just one. The very first one.
We both came away with a handful of wee plastic baggies filled with scraps of fabric/
There was a mixture of larger and smaller scraps in each bag.
I'll need to do some pressing and sorting.
As they are still lying on my cutting table.
I also scored some larger pieces of fabric.
The Russian dollies is a half meter cut, with a small piece cut away.
The blue is only about half the width of fabric, but is over a meter.
I think we both had a very good day.
*
That's it from me, I'm all up to date for now.
Well done if you made it this far. LOL
I have the day to myself as Tony is away fishing.
I'm sure I will find something to do, to keep me busy until I go to work at 5pm, for an extra shift. 
Have a great weekend.

18 comments:

Jeanette said...

The pie looks yummy. Well done Tony. The Lucy blocks look lovely. Glad you were able to work those blue pieces into another block. Hugs, xx

Jenny said...

Such a busy time. Good on Tony for trying his hand at pie making, must be that expert advice you gave him which made it so successful.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What fun you zoooooom was!! THose blue blocks are super pretty! and food! Nice!!!!

ButterZ said...

This was a great post. Wow. That egg and bacon pie looks so nice. Enjoy your day.

Narelle said...

Lucy is looking lovely. Was good to be able to pop in and catch up.

kiwikid said...

Was lovely to catch up on zoom, you certainly got heaps done! Your Lucy blocks look wonderful. Tony did really well with his pie baking, I hope the fishing day goes well. Great purchases and pick ups at the op shop!

Jennifer said...

That looks like a very nice pie! Love all the blues, even your problem child.....and well done on the scoring.

Ondrea said...

Good to see you yesterday. Your blue Lucy blocks are so lovely as always. Beats me how you get so much done while chatting lol. Some more lovely purchases. One can never have too many pairs of scissors, especially good ones. Look forward to seeing your crosstitch.

jude's page said...

Looks like there'll be lots of quilts in your future with all your stash accumulation. Love it that your hubby is into cooking, he's a keeper.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Good to see you yesterday on Zoom...and your lovely Lucy blocks...darn shuffling, hope you find just the right mix with the new "orphan"...the pie turned out top notch by the look of it...good day's shopping there to add to the supplies, and those scissors are very cute can see why they needed to live at your house...

Lin said...

What a lovely day out with your friend - nice finds. Great looking pie. xx

Chookyblue...... said...

you did great with Lucy once again.....I had a couple of those along the way......it works out in the end.....the pie looks great I need to make one.......well I can now I have cleaned all the Chookshed windows.......LOL......your always finding bits and pieces out shopping......

PAM said...

Lovely to meet you on zoom on Saturday Lou. I have 'stalked' your blog for awhile LOL
Tony's pie looked delicious, hope he came home with some fresh fish?
Can't wait to see Lucy put together. I do admire the work that all you ladies do on your beautiful quilts.

Julie said...

Your Lucy blocks are looking wonderful Lou. Gosh that pie looks SOooo delicious ... wish I could reach into my screen!!

Raewyn said...

It sounds like a fabulous Zoom session! You were very productive - as always! Good on Tony and his kitchen skills - I hope he had a fun day out. And great acquisitions too - those times when things just fall into your basket are very fun!

Christine M said...

It was lovely stitching along with you Lou. I can't see me but I can see my empty chair! LOL! Your Lucy blocks are looking fabulous. Tony certainly looks please with his pie. It looks delicious. Nice bit of shopping too!

Christine B said...

Lovely to meet you too Lou! You made great progress on your Lucy blocks and that pie looks absolutely delicious! Sounds like you had a great shopping trip too! (You can never have enough scissors!) Look forward to seeing you again on another zoom get together! Christine xx

Janice said...

It was fun on Saturday with all the girls. Yes, you did well with progress on Blue Lucy. I’m glad Tony left you a slice. He did very well with his pie baking. Have fun with all your new stash and cute scissors.