Monday 28 March 2022

Still Croaking.

It's been almost 4 weeks, and I am beyond had enough. Some days it seems like I am improving, then as I said to Chooky in an email, every time I let myself get optimistic, I go down hill again. Three steps forward and two steps back. After waking up at my normal time over the last couple of days, I slept way past nine again this morning. When I spoke to the cat I sounded almost normal. I managed to make the bed and get the washing machine on without too much puffing and wheezing. Sounds good right? Surely that means I'm improving? And now for the two steps backwards. Speaking to Tony when he was home for lunch my voice deteriorated back to the croak and after making Tony some lunch and putting our plates into the dishbasher, I'm exhausted and feel the need to curl up and snooze someplace. Maybe I will, after I get this post written. 
Lucy Blue has taken a bit of a back seat over the last few days. I felt like I was spending a little too much time sitting in my armchair sewing while the TV burbled away, keeping me company.
 If you remember Tony did some shopping for me when he was away on one of his work trips last year. He not only purchased some beautiful blue fabrics, but also a jigsaw puzzle. Those of you who have read my blog for a few years will know that this is not new for me, though I have not done one for over 10 years.
This is probably not a puzzle that I would have chosen for myself, the dark background would probably have put me off.  Although it has many beautiful flowers, butterflies and moths, which Tony knows I love. So I pulled it out on Friday morning and made a start soon after lunch.
By bedtime I had completed the edges and even put some of the bugs and flowers together.
Here is a closer look at some of those bugs.
There are two of these cute little golden bees.
And some very bright and colourful caterpillars.
I was rather nervous about leaving it uncovered on the table. You see there were boxes involved and lots of little bits and pieces. And I saw a certain someone sitting on the window sill, looking intently at the table...
And, well, you know how cats are with boxes, and how they like to concern themselves with everything that we do. I'm happy to say that if she did hop onto the table for an inspection, she did not appear to have disturbed anything.
Things progressed over the weekend, with a little help from Tony and in spite of two nasty headaches. One each on Saturday and Sunday.
This is where I left it Saturday.
I forgot to get a photo of where we left it last night. (Sunday).
Tony was surprised to come home at lunchtime today and see that I had not touched it this morning. and was delighted to fit two or three pieces before returning to work.
I completed it about 30 minutes after he left
All of the flowers and bugs are native to New Zealand. 
Tony went off into town on Saturday, in search of a special pen that he needed/wanted for one of his model aircraft, while he was in the stationery shop he spied a jigsaw section and wandered in to have a look, and came home with this one.
Wow! 
Another puzzle that I probably would not has selected myself. 
But it is lovely. There is a huge amount of detail and at 500 pieces larger than the NZ natives, it might keep me busy for a couple more days.
I'll try to resist starting it though as I'm still nervous about Miss Belle giving in to her desire to investigate so I have ordered one of those fold away jigsaw boards. I used to have one, they are great, not only for protection from pussycats, but also good if you need your dining room table back to full seating capacity in a hurry. 
*
I was sorry to find that I had missed out on a chance to zoom with Chooky on Sunday. Between the headache and the puzzle I was away from my laptop nearly all day.  I hope you all had fun.
Speaking of headaches.....
I'm off to find panadol. 








 

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

OH no....hope that pesky headache settles down for you, there are few things worse than feeling continually under the weather. What a gorgeous NZ puzzle! I have one I've never attempted, it doesn't have straight sides.....perhaps one day, now that the cat is too old to jump on the table any more.

kiwikid said...

I am sorry to hear you are still not feeling good, maybe more resting time is needed even if it drives you mad!!Both those puzzles look amazing. Miss Belle looks like she is ready to get involved in the puzzle making!!

Lin said...

Sorry to hear that you are not progressing as well as you would like or in fact should. Such a strange thing, I hope the headaches pass quickly. Great jigsaws - I haven't done one for over 20 years! xx

ButterZ said...

I only made it on zoom for a couple of minutes. I don’t think I even said anything. Wasn’t really awake.
I do hope that you start feeling better soon. It is such a drag when you don’t feel well for so long.
The jigsaws do help pass away the time without too much concentration. Keep on resting.

Maria said...

Oh no Lou seems to taking forever for you to get over this bug. Headaches are so debilitating. 🤗🤗 hope you’re feeling better soon.
Love that photo of Puss!
Good job getting the jigsaw together and good luck with the other.
I missed Chooky too because it was nearly lunch over at her place when I saw it. 🥲

Christine B said...

So sorry that you are still feeling under the weather and I hope things improve soon. Enjoy your latest puzzle. They are a lot of fun and look beautiful! Christine xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Really hope your on the mend fast it's been so long..... We missed you Sunday...... The puzzle is lovely good you had a break from Lucy otherwise you'll have get finished soon......

Jenny said...

Such a shame that your recovery is taking so long, do hope you are doing plenty of R&R. Have you been off work these last few weeks too? Take care, and dont over extend yourself.

Fiona said...

Gosh, whatever it is really doesn't want to be separated from you! Rest is good. Love the jigsaw and the new one looks fun too....
Hugz

Karen S said...

It looks like your body is telling you to stop and rest. Hope you can shake it soon.

Janice said...

I do hope this lurgy finally leaves you soon. I can understand how frustrating it must be. You did well to concentrate on the jigsaw. They are both lovely. Take care and rest as much as you need. I dare say Belle keeps you good company.

Diane-crewe said...

sorry to hear you are still not well .. listen to your body and if you need to sleep or sit or do a puzzle .. then go with it x Sending positive vibes x