Wednesday 3 January 2024

Cross stitch progress.

I started this cross stitch piece after I had completed my Santa last year. My records show I made the first stitch on 1st October 2023. I have a few progress shots then things slowed as I wound up to make ornaments.
I pulled him out again on New Years Eve. This is how he looked when I started.
t
I love that eye watching me. It's like I have company while I stitch.
I made quite a bit of progress while I counted down the hours to midnight.
I have made a little more progress since then.
And plan to spend some time with him today once I have spent a little time with my EPP. I have papers and fabric ready to glue baste, that should fill more than my 15 minutes for today.
*
This afternoon I made a start on my Chookshed challenge, I spent two hours cutting the first batch of back ground fabrics for wind swept, then my back started to complain, I'll do more soon as I have only done about half of the back ground fabrics. 
Before leaving my happy room I sorted out the requirements for my ornaments this month. Maybe I should work on one of those before I work on the watching cat and that will get another of my commitments for the month done a little sooner. 
That's my news, now I'm off to sew. 

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love that kitty......

Susan said...

Love the cat!
Cutting can be very tedious....good to do it in bits I think!

kiwikid said...

Beautiful cat, that is a lot of stitching!
Cutting is best done in bits I think too, much easier on the body!

Janice said...

You’re off to a good start. At this rate you will blitz your January goals.

Sharm said...

Great start with all that cutting!

dq said...

It looks like you have made a ton of progress on your January goal already!
The cat cross stitch is so much work! I cannot believe you only started in October.

Lin said...

Your cat is lovely. xx

Rose Marie said...

Oh, that eye says it all (love it) and you have made a good start on the cutting.

Narelle said...

Love kitty ... he will keep you company for sure :)

Karen S said...

This looks like a gorgeous cross stitch. I look forward to seeing it completed.

Maria said...

Cute Kitten, Enjoy your stitching.