Friday, 21 August 2026

A Foggy Start and a Productive Day.

 My days off have come to an end, back to work for me tomorrow.  I've enjoyed my three days. I've been busy in the kitchen, completed chores and errands and I've had fun sewing and quilting. 

Today I had cookies in and out of the oven before 8am. 


Treats for the team at work tomorrow.

∘◦❀◦∘

While they were baking I got busy on the quilting frame.  It really didn't take long to finish quilting the hexie quilt. 

While I worked, the sun climbed into a foggy sky.


By the time I was finished, the fog had receded a little and the sun was able to shine in on my quilt.


It's only a small quilt. A nice size for a cot or a lap on a cool evening.


I put the hexies to one side, completed some chores then went out to meet a friend for a cuppa. That was fun. Once I got home it was time to work on the memory quilt again. I got the sashing strips sewn to the other sides today and took the time to press them all.


Here they are, all sixty blocks pressed and waiting to be trimmed.

∘◦❀◦∘

After a late lunch I trimmed the hexie quilt and had a look for binding. I was lucky and found three blue binding off cuts from previous quilts. I sewed them together and sewed them on. By the time Tony came home I was settled in my chair closing the binding by hand.


No, your eyes are not playing tricks. It has wavy edges. I'm not quite sure what happened there. Never mind, I wasn't aiming for a prize winner. Just a little something to keep me busy and to keep someone warm. 

∘◦❀◦∘

Was it last week? Or the week before? That I laid out my goals for August.
By my count, I have achieved them all.

1) Progress on Lest we forget.     ✔

2) Progress on Down in the Garden. ✔

3) Progress on the memory quilt. 

4) Christmas Ornaments. ✔

5) Get a quilt onto the frame. ✔

All of that and I still have time left. 

∘◦❀◦∘

Back to work for the weekend. Then I'll have two more days off.
More time to sew and play.
I hope your weekend plans include some sewing.

No comments: