So here I am, day two of my rostered days off, and though it’s only 2pm, it’s already been another busy day!
I had my chores done by 8.30, then I took myself into the happy room and got busy with the Fun Machine. It was still loaded with a quilting needle and red thread, so I set about adding some more quilting to Lest We Forget.
I’m happy with my progress, and all of the poppies are now quilted. I do still need to work on the leaves and add some final touches before binding this one.
And I won at thread chicken! The bobbin was just about to run out when I cut the last thread. Talk about cutting it fine!
∘◦❀◦∘
Next, I set about cutting the sashing fabric for the memory quilt.
I got one piece sewn onto each block before calling time on that project for the day. It was time to head into town on an errand for Tony.
∘◦❀◦∘
I was home just in time for lunch, and while it was cooking I loaded a scrappy hexie quilt onto the frame.
After eating, I set to quilting a meander design. I quilted until the bobbin ran out.
Are you seeing a theme here? LOL.
∘◦❀◦∘
Now it’s time to sit in my comfy chair and stitch some more flowers onto the final Down in the Garden block. I made good progress yesterday and hope to get lots more done today.
And with that, I’m off to do some more stitching. 🪡
∘◦❀◦∘


8 comments:
Very great progress on all your projects.
You’ll be going back to work for a rest at the rate you are going. Lots has been achieved in your happy place.
made very good use of time off...i think having to fit in sewing fun gives one more motivation and oomph....or at least having goals to reach...well done!
Lots of progress made on your projects Lou - it all looks wonderful & I love the Down in the Garden. Is that Leanne Beasley ? It looks like her style (which I love).
What a busy day, doing what you love.
At least you didn't nearly run out of embroidery thread.
It is good to get an early start on the day. A lot was achieved.
A very producyive day. x
Post a Comment