Tuesday, 25 August 2026

A new to me recipe.

My plans went awry again today. I had hoped to get the borders onto the memory quilt, but that just didn't happen.  I did however get to spend some time out in the garden. It has been a beautifully warm day. I picked some broccoli and got it into the freezer, pulled some weeds and wandered around with a watering can as everything is so very dry. The weather is forecast to change tomorrow, back to winter with a southern front set to bring snow and rain.   

∘◦❀◦∘

Before going outside I had made some English Breakfast Muffins. I would share an image, but there is only one left. They are a keto recipe so we had some for breakfast and more for lunch with home made soup. Tony particularly ;likes them and declared that I could make them again!  Next time, I'll get a photo and share the recipe. 

∘◦❀◦∘

Today, I'll share one of the recipes I mentioned yesterday.


Raspberry Jelly Cheesecake.

It was a lot sweeter than a traditional cheesecake even though I used a sugar free jelly. In future I will start with less sweetener and add more later if I need it.
It is also lighter than my usual cheesecake, more like an Ambrosia. That said, we decided I could make it again, maybe using a different flavour of jelly.  

Jelly Cheesecake. 

Base

150g Almond flour
25 g desiccated coconut.
50 g melted butter
1-2 table spoon your preferred sweetener

Stir the melted butter into the dry ingredients and press firmly down into your springform tin and pop into the fridge to chill.
I just used a glass pie dish.

Filling

250 g cream cheese
1 packet of jelly.
1/2 cup boiling water
300 ml cream
1-2 tablespoons your preferred sweetener.
1 tea spoon vanilla.
(Optional, fruit)

Stir the jelly into the boiling water and set aside to cool. Do not allow it to set.
Whip the cream to firm peaks and set aside.
Beat the cream cheese, sweetener and vanilla until smooth.
Gradually add the jelly and beat in.
Fold in the cream.
If you wish to add fresh or tinned fruit, stir it in now. 
Taste for sweetness and adjust now. 
Pour over the chilled base. Add a little fruit topping if using and chill for 4 - 6 hours. 

Any flavour of jelly will work. I'm keen to try a lemon jelly.



∘◦❀◦∘
I did make time to do some sewing today, but it was my secret Christmas ornaments. So no sneaky images. 
I also did a little prep work for some EPP. More about that another time. 

🪡🪡🪡

No comments: