Monday, 10 August 2026

It's Never Too Late....

I haven't set any goals since I completed two quilts to take with me to the Isle of Man. So, I think it's time to get back into the game.

The first week of August is already over, but hey... a girl can be late. 😂

During this month, I would love to make some progress on the following projects.

1. Lest We Forget — The Poppy Quilt

This one is getting there. It needs a little more hand quilting, some more machine work, and then binding. I would really like to see this one moving closer to the finish line.

2. Down In The Garden

There are less than two blocks left to hand stitch, and then I can put the whole thing together. I'm looking forward to getting to that stage, because assembling a quilt always makes it feel like a real quilt rather than a collection of bits living in a project box.

I have been struggling to picture it quilted but now I'm thinking I might like to try some hand quilting on this one too. 

Oh dear.

It really has got me.

I've been bitten by the hand quilting bug!

  🪡

3. The Memory Quilt

A colleague gave me a pile of her mother-in-law's clothing, and I need to turn those clothes into a memory quilt. This one is obviously going to be a longer-term project, but I'd like to at least make a start on it.

And, interestingly, this is the only one of my August projects that mainly requires The Fun Machine. The other three projects involve mostly hand stitching or hand quilting, so perhaps this will be my excuse to get the machine out and give it some attention. It does seem rather unfair to leave the poor thing sitting there looking pretty and unused. 😂

4. Christmas Ornaments

I need four more Christmas ornaments this year. I already made three and took them with me to the Isle of Man, so four more need to be made.

5. Get a quilt onto the frame

I have a whole pile of finished quilt tops waiting patiently, so for this one, any top will do. I would simply like to get one loaded onto the frame and quilted.

There is something slightly ridiculous about having a pile of finished tops waiting to be quilted while another lovely machine sits underneath a pretty dust cover doing absolutely nothing. I think it's time to put it to work!

∘◦❀◦∘

And note that I didn't say I wanted to complete anything.

Progress would be good.

I'm trying not to fall into the trap of deciding that every project needs to be finished before I can enjoy the next one. Sometimes a little bit of stitching, cutting, quilting or planning is enough to move things forward.

So that's the plan for August.

Make progress.

No promises about finishing anything. 😉 

3 comments:

Fiona said...

That's an impressive list.... good luck
Hugz

Maria said...

Enjoy making progress on your list.

Jo said...

I like the idea of progress. I’m like you and have too many quilt tops waiting. I have just unboxed another 4. Now to find backings. I love hand quilting. It is relaxing and good to keep warm too. I also enjoy big stitch quilting. I use up my mums crochet thread and perle 8 balls too. It is very versatile. Enjoy whatever you settle in to.