Tuesday, 15 September 2026

A little progress.

 Life has been busy, so there is not much to show for a week. But I have made progress and any progress as we all know, is better than no progress.

One big boost was completing the stitching on Down in the Garden today. 🪡 As soon as the last stitch was made I set about removing the calico I had added around the edges to keep things tidy, then laid all nine blocks out onto the floor. They look good together. 


A quick tidy up to neaten the edges, then sew them together and add some borders. LOL I'll have to find the fabric first. It's been so long that I have forgotten where I stashed it.

∘◦❀◦∘

I moved swiftly on choosing not to go hunting for border fabrics today, instead I pulled out another project that has been languishing, albeit nowhere near as long. 

I started this Lanarte cross stitch back in January, it went with me to Okiwi bay. It did not see light of day there. It did come out of the case while we were on the Isle of Man, and progress was made.  The last progress image I captured was in January, when I first started. 


While on the island as the berries were completed and today, I worked on the bowl.  🪡🪡


It is a cute wee design, with a border. Though I may not bother stitching the border. I think I have a plan for this wee piece, and a border is not necessary.  Hopefully I can get it completed soon. I have Quilting and craft club this weekend; I might take it along. It's easier than packing up the fun machine and fabrics etc.
 I have a few other smaller pieces that might make good take along projects. I also have a very large piece tucked away behind my chair here. It's not whispering anymore, though obviously it's not quite yelling yet either. LOL
∘◦❀◦∘

And finally, the cherry tree has come fully to life. My neighbour who sends me a photo every year has moved away, but I did my best to reproduce it. I captured this image standing at my washing line the other day.


Not quite the same, but still very pretty. That is big cherry in full bloom, little cherry comes to the party much later and will have blossom in a while. Usually just after winter has one last gasp and blows away all the blossom on big cherry. LOL

∘◦❀◦∘

1 comment:

Lin said...

Lovely to see that final block finished and them all together looking gorgeous. The cherry blossom is gorgeous. x