Late in 2024, about October time I started a very large Cross stitch project. A kit Tony had gifted to me for Christmas back in 2014!
Winter Fairy is a full coverage design by Elana Krumina. I think she is Lithuanian, but don't hold me to that. For some reason after only a short time, I put her aside in January of 2025. She was never put away, but sat here in a dust cover, behind my armchair whispering to me often. As I completed the stitching on Down in the Garden her whisperings grew louder and today, they reached a yell. So out she came. I pulled out my Gus frame which had been put away. It takes up rather a lot of space.
It does a great job of supporting my roller frame. There is no way I could cope with this big piece in a hoop, I need the extra help.
You can see where I left the design back in January last year with the Fairies furry friend almost completed. I stitched for a while this morning, then got on with some chores and the grocery shopping. Once I got home, I settled into my chair again, looking at the kitty I decided he should be named Gus, taking his name from my frame.
I spent the whole afternoon sat here stitching away. Gus is completed he now has his legs and paws, and I stitched a little more too. It's difficult to see, but I've also worked on the Fairie's white dress hiding Gus' rump and tail. It's showing up as a creamy yellow patch on the next image.
I think it would be good to have this as my hand working project here at home, at least until I get the first page of the chart completed. Once that is done, I'll decide whether to continue or have a break and do something else for a while. I don't want this lovely piece to be forgotten for another year and worry that might happen if I decide to rest it.
Watch this space.
🪡🪡
I have a whole week off work, starting today, so plenty of time to get some things over the line, I hope. There are two possibilities for tomorrow, find and add the borders for Down in the Garden. Or add the borders to the memory quilt. I'd like to get the memory quilt onto the frame before I go back to work next Wednesday. We'll see how that goes.
🪡🪡
2 comments:
Love the cross stitch.
That is a big project but it looks gorgeous!
Post a Comment