I promised you a new recipe and here it is.
Creamy Peppercorn Chicken
Ingredients
Broccoli
1 leek, sliced
1–2 tbsp peppercorns in spring water, with some lightly crushed
100–150 ml cream
2–3 tbsp cream cheese
Salt and black pepper
Method
Brown the sliced chicken in a little oil or butter, then remove it from the pan.
In the same pan sauté the sliced leek in butter until softened.
Add the peppercorns, crushing some against the side of the pan to release their flavour.
Stir in the cream and cream cheese. Let it gently simmer until the sauce starts to thicken.
Return the chicken to the pan and simmer until cooked through and the sauce is lovely and creamy.
Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Serve with steamed broccoli. I stirred mine into the sauce.
∘◦❀◦∘
You could use any veg you like with this recipe. I've had broccoli and leeks in the garden over winter. The broccoli has gone nuts and I need to use it up. The leeks are still small, I'm hoping they bulk up a little and don't go to flower. I just pulled the largest while I was out there the other day.
Tony loved this meal and announced that this invention test is a keeper.
Though I think I would use less peppercorns next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment