My seven whole days off have come to an end and today I must go back to work. So, what did I do with all of that time? Not as much as I would have liked. You know I made great progress on the memory quilt and even got it loaded onto the frame. Then things went wrong and it came off again. I have spent many, many hours unpicking good, mediocre and very bad quilting. There is still a little more to go. That will have to wait.
∘◦❀◦∘
After I had gotten my machine quilting nicely again, I put a scrappy quilt onto the frame and quilted away, nervously to start with, then with growing confidence finished it. Too confident. I bashed a pin with my needle right in the very last corner!
So, another test piece will be required before I put the memory quilt back onto the frame.
Hmm, blogger is making my images weird again. If you click you will see a much better image of my Eye spy in the clouds quilt, still in need of binding. I really must have a word with the resident IT guy, maybe he can help with image quality?
∘◦❀◦∘
I couldn't find the border fabrics for my Down in the Garden quilt top. I hunted high and low, no sign. So, I shopped around and was able to find something that will work. This was a BOM many years ago and I count myself lucky to have found anything at all. Maybe I'll get that on soon and actually have a finish to show you.
∘◦❀◦∘
Saturday, I went to club and took along my strawberry cross stitch. I was very happy with the progress I made. Yesterday after lots of chores I sat down and finished it.
I have half an idea for this one, we'll see if it eventuates. LOL
🪡🪡
Thoroughly enjoying the stitchy way of life at the moment I got busy and kitted up two more smalls to take along, wherever I need an easy to take project.
This one I photocopied in a very old cross stitch magazine. I can't even recall which one or when. It will end up on the Christmas tree, though maybe not this year! LOL
And this one was a used chart, purchased at an Altrusa sale, or maybe an op shop?
There was a list of thread names, but no corresponding numbers, so I winged it and pulled out what looks right.
The plan is to finish it as a Needle book.
We'll see if that happens. LOL
🪡🪡
And finally, more progress has been made on Winter Fairy.
It's such a huge piece that it will be a while before you really see anything exciting. But Gus now has a windowsill to sit on while he and his friend gaze at the night sky. It must be cold; there are icicles hanging down from its edge. (((Shiverrr))!
I really do need to come up with a name for the fairy and the wee girl who will one day be peeping out of the window.
🪡🪡
And that has been my creative efforts for seven days off.
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go.
∘◦❀◦∘
No comments:
Post a Comment