You know in a recent post I mentioned that my hands were ready to be doing something other than stitchery? I should be careful what I wish for.
I had big plans for my two days off this week, but very little of what I wanted to happen actually happened.
I came home from work on Saturday with a crochet blanket. It belongs to a resident but was falling apart. Just simple Granny Squares, surely, you can fix it Lou?
Well, I did. There were several squares that needed attention some more than others, and after some messing about I settled on a good method of rescuing them.
I also had a good look at the joining, several of the squares were coming adrift from each other. Then as there was no border, just a bunch of joined squares, would I be good enough to add one?
It's quite a nice blanket, and hopefully my attention will see it last a while longer.
So that took care of my weekend evenings and also my free time yesterday.
The rest of yesterday was taken up with chores and errands.
∘◦❀◦∘
Unfortunately, today has been pretty similar and throw in a training thing for work this afternoon. There really hasn't been much time for my things. That said, I stopped for a while at lunchtime and picked up my stitchery. Down in the Garden has progressed a little more. As it was time to move the hoop, I decided that it was time for an updated photo too.
Oh dear, Blogger is doing that thing again. Click on the image for a clearer view. Though even if you don't, you can see that the coloured border is almost complete. I can see the end of this one. Then it will be time to sew all the blocks together.
∘◦❀◦∘
And just before I return to my stitching, a quick look at what a friend of mine has been up to. On Friday Tony and I went to a Wearable Arts show here in town, our friend Ange had an entry which her daughter Ree was modelling for her.
Sadly, Nature's Palette did not win any prizes.
It was an amazing show with some stunning pieces.
Even Tony was impressed.
∘◦❀◦∘
Back to my needle and thread now.
Then back to work tomorrow.
.jpg)



1 comment:
That's an amazing outfit! Well done on rescuing that much-loved blanket.
Post a Comment