Monday 24 January 2022

A New Start and a Zoom....

Having finished the hand piecing on Jenny's Hexies, I went looking for something else to keep my hands busy in the sitting room. I had though I might get my Santa cross stitch back out, but came across this piece and thought it might give me a quick finish and the boost that goes with it.
It's my brothers regimental badge. He sent the kit to me as a gift.
I guess he knows it will be regifted.
LOL
This is the start I made on Saturday.
No cross stitching on Sunday, instead I zoomed with Chooky and the girls.
I got one and a bit Lucy blocks made.
As you can see, I even added the white round before starting on a second block.
That was all that I had time to do as it was a short zoom session due to Chooky having family commitments.
Chooky, thank you for getting us all organised. It was great to spend time with everyone. I hope we have another session soon.
*
That's it, just a quick post from me today. Time to go and do some stuff.

 

10 comments:

kiwikid said...

That cross stitch looks interesting, perfect to regift to your brother! Great stitching on Lucy.

dq said...

It was enjoyable to hear your voice in the zoom. Your progress is so lovely - I love blue!

Chookyblue...... said...

Your blocks are looking great....... You did well in our shorter time...... At least you don't have to work out what to do with that cross stitch it's already organised......

Maria said...

I’m guessing you will gift the cross stitch back to your brother when the cross stitch is complete!
It’s always great to catch up on Zoom even though with the time difference I only get to pop in for a short while.
Pretty blue Lacy’s and it’s a good to add the white as you go.

Janet O. said...

Clever brother to gift you something like that. He knows what will be coming his way one day. ;)
Another lovely LB block.
Fun to see you at the Zoom--I guess we have another chance very soon.

Janice said...

More lovely Lucy blocks. It’s nice to see you cross stitching again. You’ll earn brownie points from your brother.

Marika said...

Hello, it was so nice to meet you and all on zoom. It was so much fun. Verry nice ist the badge you embroider. and the Lucy, i love the Quilt. I get the Book last week, an i hope i can start soon. i finisht the Tea&Cake :) kind reagards Marika

Diane-crewe said...

Good choice with the cross stitch x Love the blues in your block

cityquilter grace said...

loving those blue and white lucys....good to see you on zoom!

ButterZ said...

Rey nice work. Catch up at zoom todays hopefully around your work schedule.