Sunday 30 January 2022

And another one is finished.

So yesterday afternoon I got Jenny's Hexies on to the frame. 
Not the best pic, but you get the idea.
As you can see I was using the clam shell template on the pattern perfect boards.
I had some issues, which Tony and I worked out is probably due to the small size of my machine.
So yesterday I walked away as I was getting frustrated.
I got back to it this morning.
The supervisor was present, so of course things went swimmingly.
And in no time at all....OK after a few hours, I was able to take it off the frame and get the binding on.
I didn't have quite enough of the grey spot for binding, but there was just enough of the green left to make up.
The backing is another sheet from my stash, a lovely soft grey with white shamrock leaves.
Just perfect.
Here you can see the clam shells a little better.
Tony agreed to help out with the finished photo shoot and suggested we step outside.
It's very difficult to photograph low volume quilts.
Jenny's hexies will be going back to work.
For those who don't remember Jenny was a resident at my place of work. She was a very crafty lady. After she had passed away a staff member was helping her daughter to clear her room and they came across a bundle of precut pink and white hexies. Liza, the staff member thought of me and asked if she could pass them on. Jenny's daughter agreed. I added some more fabrics and hey presto a lap quilt was born.
I think it is destined to be the next raffle quilt.
*
Time then to find another quilt top to load in to the frame and practice some more.
Which top?  And how to quilt it?
*
While we were outside, we watered the greenhouse and picked some fruit. On the way back inside I spied this lovely sunflower lying face down in the garden. I couldn't leave her there and ran for my secateurs. 
And so that she would not be lonely I cut a few more flowers to keep her company.
Speaking of sun flowers....
Not the best picture, but you can see that the neighbours giants are still growing.
They have passed eight feet today.
Still not flowering, the buds are very tight. 
Well, I'm off for a well deserved glass of vino.
*
How did your weekend go?
Mine was fantastic.





 

15 comments:

Janice said...

It looks like you have the clamshells sorted. They finished the quilt nicely. I’m glad your weekend was fantastic. Mine was pretty good too.

ButterZ said...

The clam shells worked out great. So happy you are getting some quilting done.

Diane-crewe said...

sometimes the best way is .. just walk away and come back when you are ready . It certainly worked for you x Well done x

Jeanette said...

The quilt is lovely. Gorgeous flowers. Hugs, xx

jude's page said...

You are going great with those quilting boards! A great finish.

Maria said...

After a break you did a fab job with the clamshells. Perfect for Jenny’s Hexie quilt.
Such a gorgeous vase of flowers…..

kiwikid said...

The clamshells look wonderful Lou, well done on the finish. Good to see the supervisor is on the job. Beautiful sunflower, the neighbours are certainly growing tall.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Neat quilting and pretty flowers! We just have lots of snow …

Karen S said...

That is a wonderful finish. I am so pleased the quilting issues were sorted out.

Lin said...

Great use of those hexies and another nice finish. xx

Chookyblue...... said...

congrats on getting the quilting done.......and lovely to donate it back to the raffle stash......

Fiona said...

very pretty hexie quilt....
Hugz

Flickenstichlerin said...

Hi Lou, you did well with the clam shells. Wonderful little quilt. Somebody will be really happy with it.

Raewyn said...

Such a lovely quilt Lou and a nice story behind it. I'm glad the supervisor helped you get the quilting sorted! Your garden has some lovely blooms in it - mine is starting to look a little tired!

Marika said...

Bello, i live your Shell Quilt, so lovely colours, and the nice Story. your cat in the Sunshine. Years ago i hat the Same looking lovely cat, calls Balou. He is over the Rainbow now. Kreative regstes Marika