Tuesday 4 January 2022

New Year Zoom.

Sunday 2nd January was another great Zoom session. Thank you Chooky for getting us all organised and hosting another great day. It was great to see so many people popping in to say hello and making progress on projects. As discussed on the day, I'm sure many of us would not have achieved so much without the camaraderie of the group.  
Although it may not look like much, I had great progress. All my preparation work paid off and I was able to get lots of white honeycombs sewn onto my Lucy blocks.
I didn't take individual photos, because you have seen them all before.
Even though I had to go off to work at 5pm when I returned just after 9pm, I did pick up my sewing again after a cuppa and some supper and got more done.
In total I added white pieces to eight and a half blocks.
I did toy with the idea of adding some of the tiny one inch blue squares, but they are still resting in their little baggie, waiting their turn.
I'll need to do some more prep work before our next session. I believe you mentioned something mid to late January Chooky? Count me in.
*
One more shift and my run of seven shifts will be over. Tony is hoping to whisk me away for a night or two before I have to head back to work on Friday. So not much sewing will be done for a day or so. That will be nice, though I am itching to get a quilt into the frame and try out my new Pattern perfect templates. Jo I had a look at the Groovy Boards and only a few of them will work with my machine. I'm not sure if they will work with my pattern perfect stylus, I've emailed the store.......I had not heard of them before, so thankyou for your comments about them in Zoom. 

Happy New Year everyone. 

 

9 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

you did great Lou........Lucy really is flying in your part of the world........enjoy your time away and I am sure I will be back to zoom again before the end of the month.......

Jenny said...

"Whisk you away", how exciting! Have fun on your mini trip, you surely deserve a break after working seven days in a row.

ButterZ said...

That was a great effort Lou. Hope the groggy boards do work for you. They were easy to use.

jude's page said...

A fantastic days work Lou, I don't know how you do it, my finger was sore just doing 1 binding!!

Maria said...

Your Blue Lucy’s look lovely with their whites sewn on…
Enjoy your break.

kiwikid said...

You made wonderful progress on your Lucy blocks. Have a great time away.

Julie said...

Happy New Year Lou!! Your Lucy blocks are looking wonderful - well done!

Janice said...

Wow! You achieved all that as well as working a shift! Lucy will be a top in no time. Enjoy your break.

dq said...

Darn, I had to miss that one. Next time I hope.
You have several blocks done and they are gorgeous! I love blues.