Sunday 9 January 2022

New Year Aquisitions.

But first Christmas. 
It wasn't quite over. The mail man had one more package for me. 
Look at what my lovely pal Janice sent to me. Pretty blue fat quarters.
A kit, tea and chocolate.  Of course there is a Christmas ornament, It will go on the tree next year and there is also a pretty blue star. That is hanging in my window, catching the sunlight.
Thank you Janice. I love my gift. The chocolate is gone and I have only one tea bag left.
*
The following day, the postie brought another package. I was recently lucky enough to win a bag of 'scraps' on a facebook group. I have to say I was not expecting this...
A whole grocery bag, filled to the brim with lovely fabrics.
I was so excited I nearly forgot to take photos.
Oh my goodness, there was so much in there it's hard to know where to start.
There are some very big scraps.
I sorted them all out into piles and bundles ready to put them away.
That black and white pile on the left below is deceptive, it's actually quite tall.
Likewise the neutrals in the middle at the bottom, there are several quite large pieces.
There were some odds and ends and some pieces that looked like orphans
Some looked like they belonged together.
The red and white fabric is another quite large piece and all the plains in the pile below are very large.
Most seem to have a triangle cut from them.
I couldn't find anymore of this blue, but there is more white.
I should be able to do something with this.
Hmm, not the best image, but there are several pieces of this bunny fabric and it's matching green, along with off cuts. Something else I should be able to work with.
The little boy who received the quilt made with these fabrics is very lucky.
There is quite a bundle of this bee hive fabric all cut into squares and plenty of the white.
Along with a bundle of neutral squares that might  play along.
There was even a completed top.
I wasn't sure about the layout of some of the fabric squares though, so decided that I would go find Jack the ripper.
It didn't take long.
Then I played shuffle on the floor and left it there before heading off to work.
That looks much better. 
Todays task is to put them all back together. 
*
If you're wondering, yes Tony and I did head away for a couple of days, I'll share more about that another time. 
2022 has started of wonderfully for me, I hope things continue in the same way.

14 comments:

kiwikid said...

Lovely mail and a great win with that fabric, lots to keep you busy.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow what a bag of scraps.....goodluck having fun with those.......

ButterZ said...

That was a lot of goodness in the bag. You doing all that stripping was worth it. Your layout is better.

Ondrea said...

Such a lovely win! Have fun.

Jindi's Cottage said...

fun incoming post at your house this week...good work Jack the Ripper, much better layout...

jude's page said...

Well the delivery man has been good to you lately Lou. Your unpicking certainly made an improvement, look forward to see what you do with the rest of that bundle.

Maria said...

Fabulous mail from Janice and a huge win….lots there to keep you busy….

Denice Barker said...

That is a huge new pile of scrappy stuff!!! It would be a nice thing to get here in January's depth of winter. Now the challenge begins on how to integrate some of it.

Diane-crewe said...

What a great start to 2022 .. you will certainly have plenty of fabric to play with x

Fiona said...

Two wonderful parcels..... you will have lots of fun with them both
Hugz

cityquilter grace said...

great haul lou....enjoy!

Janice said...

I’m glad your parcel finally arrived. That is quite some scrap bag. You will have fun with the contents.

dq said...

Merry Christmas/Happy Birthday to you!! What a great FB win! THe quilt you took apart does look so much better now!

Karen S said...

Looks like you did very well with your win of the scrap bag.