Wednesday 2 March 2022

A foodie post

 I often think to myself  while I am baking...
'I should get a photo of this and blog it'.
And then I usually forget.
I know many of you do post blogs about food, especially new recipes.
Recently I have been remembering to get photos while I was creating in the kitchen. Here are the last two days worth.
Yesterday was Shrove Tuesday, or pancake day. I'm not really a religious person, but do like to note some of the tastier traditions, and pancake day is one of them. I made a yummy batch of buttermilk and bacon pancakes for lunch.
Tony very much enjoyed them.
Prior to making the pancakes I had made an ANZAC slice.
It's always a winner too.
We had a slice each after lunch, while it was still warm.
Then I tucked the remainder in to the red baking box, before heading off to work.
By the time I got home from work at 10.30 pm, there were three slices left!!!
Tony said he wasn't sure if it was up to standard and had to carry out extensive trials.
LOL
We polished off the last slices for supper.
So today I needed to refill the box. I had some buttermilk left over from making the pancakes, so used it up in some cheesey scones.
Another of Tony's favourites, I wonder how long they will last?
Then as a reward to myself, I made myself a chocolatey treat.
Do you like chocolate?
How about hot chocolate?
Do you like these little treats?
This is a new to me recipe.
I really don't recall where I saw it, but someone on the WWW suggested warming some milk and dropping two or more of these little balls of bliss in to it.
It doesn't have to be the red ones, it can be any of the flavours, but my fave is the red.
YUM!
I find that the boxes and sachets of instant hot chocolate have added sugar or sweeteners and they are just too sweet for my taste, but two of these is perfect.
What a yummy treat.
*
A day off work.
Tony will not be home for lunch.
What's left of the day is mine.
I'm off to sew. 

9 comments:

Lynda said...

I'll have to try that hot chocolate idea - sounds yum!

Fiona said...

making my mouth water...
Hugz

Jennifer said...

Oh, I do like the chocolate idea.....have often made ANZAC biscuits, but never a slice. Yummo!

Maria said...

Lots yummy treats you made and Tony did lots of taste testing…..

Lin said...

Lots of lovely baking there - I particularly like the look of the pancakes and I adore cheese scones! xx

Christine M said...

Yum. I'm sitting here having a cuppa and now I want something to eat! LOL!

kiwikid said...

The scones look wonderful Lou, I am glad you have a very on the job taste tester there!! I am not a fan of chocolate hot or cold, having said that I do like a little caramilk chocolate now and then. White Lindor balls are a bit yummy I must admit.

Janice said...

I missed Shrove Tuesday. That’s sad. Your pancakes look yummy. At least Tony appreciated the Anzac Slice. It didn’t go to waste. That hit chocolate sounds extremely decadent. Yummo!!

Christine B said...

What lovely treats you have been baking and I love the idea of the chocolates in warm milk.... that type of chocolate is my favourite! Christine xx