Saturday 16 July 2022

A little retail therapy.

It's a beautifully warm sunny day here in Timaru, Tony suggested we make the most of it as some more awful weather is headed our way. We hopped in to the car and drove to Geraldine. Not a big road trip, but very nice to get out of our own town for a while.
We had a look at the shops and then Tony suggested lunch, at the kebab shop, he's heard they are very good.
I knew there had to be an ulterior motive. LOL
Well lucky me, the kebab shop is directly across the road from the Pin Tin. I just had to visit, and make a purchase. It would have been rude not to. 
An end of bolt and some pretty floral fat eighths.
And they cost less than lunch! 
I could see the fat eighths popping up in my scrappy triangles.
So when we got home I got busy and made up block 5.
I didn't use a lot of my new fabrics, but there is a taster of them in there.
The papers for block 6 are printed and waiting for me in my room, but right now I'm off to sit in the sun and read my book for a while.
Hope your weekend is going well. 

 

14 comments:

Lin said...

Nice new fabrics - very pretty. Good to have a day out especially when lunch is involved. We are having the opposite to you, very warm and very dry! xx

Christine B said...

Sounds like the perfect 'win win' situation and I love the fabric you purchased! Have a lovely weekend! Christine xx

Barwitzki said...

You bought beautiful fabrics... and above all processed them :-)))
I wish you a happy weekend...we have fabulous weather and there will be a tour into the green. Hug

Alison said...

What a nice day out for you both. The times together bring lovely memories, on Thursday I went with my husband in his ute from Rotorua to Whakatane to pick up a machine. Just there and straight back, but he told me how nice it was that I went with him.
I really enjoy your posts as you are easy to relate to. Thank you.

Fiona said...

Gotta love a day out.... pretty new fabrics and the blocks look great...
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Wonderful to have a day out, and fabric purchase is a bonus! Great blocks.

Chookyblue...... said...

Lovely trip by the sounds of it..... Concurrent peace to locate the patchwork shop.... Tony distracted with lunch while you shop.......

Ondrea said...

Gee, you wasted no time lol. The blocks look great. It is wet and cold here. I still haven't been game to venture out far with Covid cases increasing and few people wearing masks. Looks like you had a good day out.

Janet O. said...

Sounds like a nice little break from routine. Yesterday a friend and I escaped reality for the morning and did a little road trip to 3 quilt shops within about an hour of home. You restrained yourself much better than I did!! Pretty fabric choices, and they look like they will fit in very well in your Scrappy Triangle blocks.

Janice said...

Finally, I’ve had a chance to catch up on your blog. Beehive Bedlam turned out beautifully, and I’m sure you will have fund with EQ7. Your trip to Geraldine sounded productive and the fabrics will look good in the scrappy triangles. I’m glad the weather sounds like it has improved.

Maria said...

Great day out and a bonus for you buying some fabrics.

Jennifer said...

And they will last longer than lunch did, too!

cityquilter grace said...

gosh lou those are pretty fabrics and then lovely blocks...and can't wait to see the churn dash done...i need a fabric road trip...

Raewyn said...

How nice of Tony to find an eatery that was opposite a quilt shop! Are your scrappy triangles the Leila Gardunia project? (Sorry I'm a little behind!!!!!!!!) It looks like it is going to be a fun project.