Saturday 9 July 2022

Beehive Bedlam.

Beehive Bedlam is done, complete, finished.
Tadaa!
This little bundle of somebody else's left overs has become a happy little crib sized quilt.
The batting is yet another Franken Batt.
The backing is a reclaimed cotton sheet, in a very soft grey also rather appropriately looks like it has tiny white clover leaves all over it. 
The cute Busy Bee quilt design is from Urban Elementz, a chance find, that turned out perfectly.
Another lucky find was the fabric I purchased for the border and binding.
The cutest little bees. The golden yellow border draws out the tiny yellow bees in the beehive squares.
And here it is on my old rocking chair on the deck.
It's a very damp and grey day here, so no pictures in trees today, just a quick snap on the chair and another of the sodden grey sky and the bare trees, 
oh, and the bird feeder.
And then back indoors.
The birds have been very busy at the coconut, enjoying the fat balls I put out for them.
I only feed during the winter months.
Today it is sparrows who are visiting, what a quarrelsome bunch, so much noise, they take flight if I go near the window to try and snap a picture. 
*
I'm off to work again today, but before I go, I have some new to me software to play with.
I scored a Copy of Electric Quilt 7 on a NZ Quilters facebook page. 
I got an email from EQ this morning confirming that the license is now mine and I can install on to my computer, so I'm off to play.
Does anybody else have this software?
Got any tips?

15 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love the quilt, so cute. I have the software but haven't installed it. Maybe when i buy a new desktop since my old one has been claimed by my daughter. :) Hugs,

kiwikid said...

Great finish Lou, Bee Bedlam looks wonderful. We are alternating between grey skies and heavy rain and sunshine! Crazy weather day.

Tazzie said...

The busy bee quilt is just adorable, and with all those little coincidences, it was absolutely meant to be!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh it's sooo pretty! Love the quilting on it too! I have EQ7, want to upgrade to 8 one day... I do use it a bit, but not as much as I should xx

Lin said...

Great work on your bees, lovely finish. xx

jude's page said...

Well done on the finished quilt, it was all meant to be. I have been using EQ since version 6, went to 7 and now using 8. Love it for designing my quilts. I scan the fabrics I want to use and bring them into EQ. There are lessons on the website, and I have lots to learn yet.

Christine B said...

What a beautiful little quilt. I love all the bee related fabrics! Hope work goes well. Christine xx

Jennifer said...

Cute little quilt! I have had EQ7 for a long time, it's great fun to play with....and yes, I have made some of the quilts designed on it. EQ5 was the first one I bought, then upgraded it to 6, then eventually to 7. Do you have the manuals and design books too?

Denice Barker said...

Your little bees make me want to pull out my fabric and think. But I have to finish those churn dashes first!

Chookyblue...... said...

the bee quilt is lovely........well done.......

Fiona said...

Great little bee quilt.... lovely finish
Hugz

Ondrea said...

Wow! That was a quick finish! Love the quilting design and the backing is perfect. Well done girl!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its perfect!!
No piece left behind right? haha

The Cozy Quilter said...

A perfect quilting pattern for the beehives!

Christine M said...

Lovely finish Lou. xx