Wednesday 20 July 2022

Made a Decision.

So I've been having a play around with my EQ7 software and once I began to get familiar with it I decided a great way to get some real practice in would be to recreate a known design. So I set about playing with the Churn Dash pattern I am using for Chookys Churn Dash along. 
I've been stuck for a while on what colour to use for the corner stones and setting triangles, but the EQ7 lets me try out many different colours, so that is what I did.
Decisions have been made. My corner stones were to be blue and yesterday the blocks completed so far got their blue corner stones and the second yellow sash piece.
It really didn't take long to put them on and lay them out on the floor for a look see.
I like what I see, I really like what I see. 
What colour will the setting triangles be?
Green.
I have to go shopping.
*
And another squirrel is hopping about trying to get my attention. I've had these characters for a while. Four of each. The squirrel tells me they want to be in churn dash blocks.
This is as far as they got.
LOL
I'll start putting details in to EQ7 and see what I can come up with. 
*
But first I have an assignment to complete. 



 

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good choice on the blue corners.

Jeanette said...

The blocks look lovely. Hugs

Lynda said...

Blue and yellow are always so lovely together. The green will add some zing.

Lin said...

Your blue and yellow looks gorgeous! xx

Christine B said...

Love the blue corner pieces and like how the whole thing is looking so far! Good luck with that squirrel! Christine xx

Maria said...

Your Churns are looking good .. Setting triangles , green ? Red? Or orange ?
Those cute blocks will look great as churns….

Rose Marie said...

So glad you figured out what colour to use for those cornerstones. EQ is a great program to try out different colours before cutting and sewing.

Janet O. said...

Very fresh, crisp looking blocks with the sashing and cornerstones.
So your squirrel talks?
Your farm animals will make cute centers for a churn dash design. How large are they?

Fiona said...

Great decisions for both those quilts....
Hugz

Annelein said...

Planning around with the software has turned out very good. Love your colorchoices. And the little stitcheries? are so cute.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I just loved those pretty florals you got for less cost than lunch. But what a marvelous outing that was! Yes, I agree these churn dash blocks with the blue corners are perfect. Great colour choices.

Tazzie said...

Your churn dash project is looking fabulous, I like the sashing and cornerstones you've chosen.
Those squirrels of yours sure do send you on a merry dance don't they? Love it!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Chookyblue...... said...

the blocks are looking great......I like the blue setting stones........

kiwikid said...

Your Churns are looking wonderful. The sashings and cornerstones are perfect. That squirrel is still hanging around I see!!

jude's page said...

Glad you are using EQ, i love to see the big picture, before cutting, although have to admit to winging it with my churn dash quilt

Raewyn said...

I enjoy my EQ software, although I don't use it as often as I'd like; it's a fun and brilliant tool to have. Your churndashes are looking lovely and I think the blue cornerstone is just right. How big are your blocks? Oh yes, your animal blocks will look delightful in a churndash!