Tuesday 5 July 2022

Busy, busy bees.

As you know, the squirrel kept me busy with another one of those small projects on Sunday. I was busy with a bundle of someone else's scraps. When I blogged I had all of the squares sewn together, but needed to shop for border fabrics. I left you with the knowledge that I was going shopping with Debbie on Monday.  It wasn't one of our all day trips, just a quick drive up the road and inland a little to the Pin Tin in Geraldine. They really do have a great selection of fabrics. Sadly not the greatest website for online sales though.
Anyhoo! It was Debbie who found the bee fabrics, tucked away on a bottom shelf. I had taken along my top so far and we set about pulling fabric bolts from the shelf and trying them out.
I'm sure I tried nearly all of them before settling on these two. The cream for a border and a lovely honey gold for the binding.
After a quick rummage through a couple of op shops (No lucky finds this time). We had some lunch and it was almost time for me to head off to work.
So it was this morning before I was able to add some borders.
Those lovely golden bees look perfect.
And to continue the bee theme, I had already found the cutest bee pantograph/E2E pattern at Urban Elementz. (Not affiliated, just liked what I found on Pinterest and followed the link).
It's called busy bees. By printing it a little smaller than 100% I was able to make the pattern small enough to fit in to the throat of my machine.
It is a smaller tighter pattern that the previous two I have tried and some of my earlier bees are a little wobbly as I learned the pattern, but by the time I was on to my second and third rows, the muscle memory was helping and my cute bees were buzzing out of my needle and on to the fabric. 
As you can see, I've used a grey fabric for backing. It is not bee themed, but it was in my drawer and was big enough, so it was put in to use, along with a long thin batting off cut that I was able to cut in half and sew back together in to a franken batt that is just wide enough.
The bright sunlight pouring through the windows of my quilting room help to show the quilting beautifully. 
I've been busy, busy, busy since I hopped out of bed this morning, so now I'm going to rest with my feet up for an hour before heading off to work.
My machine is all turned off for now, I'll quilt some more tomorrow. 
Enjoy your day. 

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

Busy little bees - a lucky fabric find!

Lin said...

The bee fabrics for the border are great and that bee quilting is perfect! xx

kiwikid said...

Very productive shopping trip, the bee fabric is wonderful and the bee quilt design is very cute, perfect for the quilt.

Janet O. said...

Excellent fabric finds, and the perfect E2E design for this cute bee-themed quilt!

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG the bees are so cute.........

ButterZ said...

Looking sew beeetiful. Good work.

Raewyn said...

What a cute quilt those bees have made! I love that pantograph - a perfect find.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

That's a fabulous quilting pattern and suits your quilt perfectly.

Jenny said...

You have been busy as a bee indeed, what great fabrics you found to complete your quilt.

jude's page said...

Your quilting is going well, and great pattern, I have that one in my collection.

Lianne makes stuff said...

That is Beeyoutiful haha

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is adorable!! and what a great quilting pattern for it!!!

Denice Barker said...

I have some of the little golden bee fabric! Make something for Jenny with it and loved it so much I bought more for me!

Christine B said...

Beautiful quilt, fabrics and quilting! Hugs Christine xx

Christine M said...

Those bee fabrics are gorgeous.

Karen S said...

Great fabric choice and the quilted bees are a delight.