Wednesday 13 July 2022

Scrappy Triangles Update.

After a weekend of work and some fun on zoom with Chooky and the Chookshed Stitchers  I've had two days off work, which is nice. During the zoom session I prepared a whole bunch of papers for my Lucy Blue project and even managed to sew a few pieces together. It was good to sit and listen to all the chatter while my hands were busy.
Monday I put in several hours of study and even started to fill in the question pages for marking. But as always I had set a time limit and put everything away with just a short overrun so that I could sew. I had the papers printed for part three of the scrappy triangles. 
They were fun to make and end up looking a lot like a half log cabin.
Of course I had some fun playing with layouts.
Tuesday it rained all day. There was some flooding in town, but nowhere near us, perched up on our little hill. It was very dark all day and cold too, I had the heater on and was very glad that I had nowhere to go.  I spent a lot of time with more questions on my paper and preparing evidence of my work.  I take photographs of my notes at the end of the shift and must ensure that all identifying names etc are removed before I submit them as evidence. It took a while.
As it was cold as well as wet I opted to remain in the warm sitting room once I was done, so sat with some hand sewing and completed two more Christmas ornaments. 
Very happy with that.
Today I have given myself a day off studies. 
The rain has stopped and it is a little warmer. 
 I spent some time this morning in my sewing room playing with pretty scraps.
Block 4 of the scrappy triangles project.
While I was taking photos I pulled out the rest of the completed blocks, four of each and had a little play.
It's fun to see the different layouts that can be achieved with pieces.
I tried a few different layouts.
But I think my favourite has to be this setting.
I really do like the effect of the on point squares.
I have block 5 printed and ready to go next time I'm ready to play.
And finally for today, I have been trying to get on and crochet a little each evening but it's difficult with so many snuggle tests required. 
Last night she sat on my yarn, I couldn't even finish the row I was on!
So it really is only a little each evening. But at least I'm warm. 

 

14 comments:

Jeanette said...

The scrappy triangles look great. Hugs,

Lin said...

Your scrappy triangles are looking very pretty. xx

ButterZ said...

Good to see you making the most of your time.

Chookyblue...... said...

busy busy........lovely to see you on zoom....

Christine B said...

Love those scrappy half square triangles and all the layouts are just mind boggling! I like your favourite one too. It's funny to think of you in the cold weather when here we are going through a heatwave! Enjoy the rest of the week! Christine xx

Jennifer said...

Scrappy triangles is a fun project....love your crochet helper!

cityquilter grace said...

ooh such lovely triangle blocks...

Maria said...

You’re having lots of fun with the triangles….

kiwikid said...

Your scrappy fpp blocks are looking great, always good to have an evening companion.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You are so productive. Loads of wonderful stuff/stitching in this post, Loulee. The options for those blocks are all wonderful. And I love how your little companion is perched in a cozy spot.

Janet O. said...

So many possibilities with the scrappy triangles.
Your favorite setting does create a nice effect.
What great help you have! ;)

Karen S said...

These scrappy triangle blocks do look great. Such a lot of ways to use them!

Annelein said...

A great projects with lots of oppertunities...

jude's page said...

Loving your scrappy triangles, and there will be lots a space for your quilting to shine!