Tuesday 13 December 2022

I'm over the hump!

Last night was shift four of seven. Half way has been and gone.  I am SO looking forward to Friday. 
I've spent most of my days sewing, well stitching. 
Two more pendibules. I think it is safe to say I enjoy these little projects.
These two will be gifted and I plan one more, which I will keep.
Speaking of gifts.
The spitfire has made great progress. As you can see only the frame left to cross stitch, then the task of back stitching will begin.
There is quite a lot of detail to be added with the back stitch, but I'm confidant I can have it completed in time for Christmas. I went out this morning to purchase a frame for it. 
Usually at this point in a cross stitch project I'm planning what to stitch next. And this time is no different, I'm swaying between completing the Santa I started over a year ago or a stitchery project that has been around even longer.....
I'll think about it while I back stitch.
Right now I'm off to do some meal prep, then I'm off to work.

14 comments:

Janice said...

You’ve been very diligent on working on the spitfire. It looks fabulous already. I’m sure the backstitch will really finish it off well.

Lin said...

Pretty pendibules - these are on my list for next year. You have made great progress with the spitfire, do you stitch in your sleep? xx

Jennifer said...

A big difference in the spitfire from the previous pic! Pretty pendibules.....loving the variegated thread.

ButterZ said...

You have made great progress on your x stitch. You will get it done for Christmas

Jenny said...

Pendibule - that's a new word to me, they certainly look very pretty.

Lynda said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished Spitfire - they are such fabulous planes.

Mystic Quilter said...

You must have extremely good eyesight and lots of patience to work on that beautiful Spitfire, I shall be crossing fingers for you to have it finished by Christmas.

Karen S said...

Great progress. You are really making the most of your time.

Barwitzki said...

This plane is amazing :-)) I have a lot of friends who are make model aeroplanes og fly... they would absolutely love it and so do I.
Very nice little Christmas gifts you embroidered.
Greetings to you. It's already Thursday for you and Friday and the weekend have come very quickly.
I wish you a happy 4th Advent.

cityquilter grace said...

wow terrific progress...no doubt deadline will be met...

Fiona said...

wonderful progress with the Spitfire, I am late with blog reading so it's Friday already and hope you have a good rest from your shifts...
Hugz

Christine B said...

Love the pendibules and great progress on the spitfire, you'll soon have that finished and framed. Hope work all goes well until you are finished! Hugs Christine xx

kiwikid said...

Great progress on your stitching projects.

The Cozy Quilter said...

You should be done your projects before Christmas. I still have a little bit more to do but it’s manageable.