Thursday 22 December 2022

Who remembers......?

My Blue Santa cross stitch project?
 
According to my photo records I started stitching him in October 2020. I didn't get far.

The last photo I have was taken on 25th October and looks like this. I must have done a little more stitching before putting him away, because when I pulled him out the other day, he looked a little different. I cannot for the life of me remember why he got put aside.
So anyway, I forgot to get an update photo, I just picked up a needle and stitched.
I also discovered a mistake, so set about ripping that out and correcting it. I've made plenty of progress since then.
I plan to make some more progress today after I do a little baking. 
I'm trying to maximise my me time at the moment as I will be working over the holidays.
*
The majority of my ornaments have been delivered already which is good. It seems that mail to the UK moves much faster than mail to Australia, just a short hop away. 
So I'll share ornaments on another day.
*
Just in case I don't find time to blog again....
Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you have a healthy and happy time.






11 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love the santa. Look forward to seeing it finished. Merry Christmas.

Jennifer said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Lou! Your snowy St Nick will be beautiful.

Janice said...

It looks like you will have an extra Santa cross stitch to display next Christmas. Enjoy the process. Wishing you both a very Merry Christmas, even though you will be working.

ButterZ said...

Merry Christmas to you to Lou & Tony. Have a happy and safe festive season

Lin said...

You are making good progress with Santa. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas - even if you are working! xx

Maria said...

Great to see Santa in blue. Look forward to the finish.
I know what you mean about mail , don’t think any of what I posted to NZ has arrived either.
Wishing you both a lovely Christmas 🎄

cityquilter grace said...

lovely stitchery anxious to see more! merry christmas to you too...my kiddos work as well so we'll celebrate new year's instead...

Fiona said...

that is going to be a beauty... lots of stitching involved. My UK cards haven't arrived - well over a month but they have a number of strikes... you were lucky - or very early?
Hugz

Karen S said...

Looks like the perfect project to work on over Christmas.

Lianne makes stuff said...

That is going to be gorgeous, I have always wanted to do a Santa cross stitch, I will have to pull my finger out and Just Do It

Barwitzki said...

What a happy Santa in blue... well done and keep up the good work.
Despite Jobb I wish you a wonderful Christmas.
Be hugged by Viola