Saturday 31 December 2022

End of year post.

It's that time of year when many crafting bloggers write an end of year post, showing their many finishes for the year and some works in progress. many plan for the new year and list projects they want to work on and even finish.
I've had a productive year and in the later months enjoyed getting back to my roots as it were and cross stitching. My plan for next year is to continue to cross stitch on the current project.
Snowy St Nick has seen quite a bit of progress since this picture was taken on 21st December.
In between work, family time and parties I have taken many opportunities to sit and stitch. I have to say I am very happy with my progress.
As for what I'll do when he is finished, I'm unsure. Maybe more cross stitch, maybe some stitchery. Either way, that's a long way off.
Another thing I plan to do in 2023 is to complete my Lucy Boston in Blue. The EPP is very close to being completed, I just need a couple more zoom sessions to get that over the line. Then I'll have to make a decision about what will fill in future zoom sessions.
*
On Christmas day I found myself sitting at my sewing machine  for a short time and working a little more on the farm yard quilt, it would be nice to get that completed and quilted soon, I also have a quilt loaded on to the frame awaiting my attention and a pile of quilts in waiting.....
*
Hopefully 2023 will be another creative year and I'll find many moments of time to sit and sew, or even stand and quilt. 
It's been fun to share 2022 with you, reading your comments and visiting your blogs. 
I wish you all the best and lots of sewing time in 2023.
Happy New Year everyone. 
I'm off to stitch on St Nick until bedtime. 

11 comments:

ButterZ said...

Happy for you to stitch some more of St. nick. I’ll be following along in 2023

Susan said...

Good to have a special project for Zoom times
I love cross stitch …also where I started….but some projects need quiet time…nit busy chatty meetings

Happy new year to too….maybe 2023 be happy healthy maybe wealthy…and productive,

Lin said...

Happy New Year! xx

Christine B said...

Sounds like 2022 was very successful creatively and I hope that 2023 will be the same for you. Hopefully we will catch up on a zoom session at some time! In any case, I hope 2023 brings you peace and joy! Hugs Christine xx

Rose Marie said...

I have a x-stitch that my Mom started and needs to be finished and passed on to one of her granddaughters. Seeing all the blogs with x-stitch should motivate me to take up the needle and thread. Perhaps in 2023??? All the best in 2023 and hope to chat with you sometime on zoom.

Janice said...

Wishing you both a Happy New Year too. I’m sure you will create some beautiful projects during 2023…. as well as doing a little travelling.

Lianne makes stuff said...

Happy New Year I look forward to seeing St Nick finished

ButterZ said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU and TONY

Fiona said...

Happy New Year... sounds like some great projects happening...
Hugz

Karen S said...

Happy New Year and good luck with all your plans!!

Ondrea said...

I hope you achieve everything you wish to this year. Loving the crosstitch so far.