Saturday 17 December 2022

The trees are up at last.

I'm a little late getting my trees and decorations up this year. Ever since he was born I never put decorations up until after son Joe's birthday on 10th December. As Tony and I were both working that day we decided to wait until yesterday, when we both had a day off. It took us all day to set up and decorate our  four trees and something new.....
This year I have my blue tree in the corner of the dining room.
The tall tree in the sitting room has hand made ornaments only.
Some made by me and some made by you. It already has three new additions this year. I'll get photos of them soon.
My white tree is set up in the hall way and has a new theme. I've spent a few years slowly gathering together a rainbow of coloured balls and managed to find some rainbow tinsel the other day too so the rainbow theme finally got an outing. I scrounged about in my ribbon collection and found lots of pretty colours and made bows for the branch tips.
Rainbow lights might be on the shopping list for next year, but I love it with the white lights.
And I think I'd be tempted to try it without the tinsel next time. 
I also need to make it a better tree skirt in much stronger colours.
But on the whole I'm very happy with my new theme. 
Another new addition is a garland for around the front door. I had a beautiful garland back on the Isle of Man, but as it had real fir cones I didn't try to import it. Son Jonathan and family have that one.
Just after last Christmas I was able to get a bare garland in the sales and spent a lot of time yesterday crawling about on the floor adding decorations and three HUGE fir cones.  
I'm pleased with what I achieved, though I'm sure that in future years I will add more to it. Unlike our trees the theme of the garland will not change, I will just add to it over time. 
And
Last but not least, my mini tree is up in my sewing room.
It has tiny wooden blue angels flying from it's branches and looks much better in real life with lots of blue bows and white tinsel balls. 
*
Finally our home looks like Christmas.
No rest day today we have mince pies to make.
And I need to clean up the mess I made putting all the new ribbon bows together for the rainbow tree and the garland. 
I might find time to do some cross stitch before yet another extra shift on Sunday.
For those who commented, my seven days without a break was ok. I think working only late shifts makes it easier as I can take my time, I get to do some chores then sit and relax before starting work at 3pm. If I was to try doing seven early shifts, starting work at 6.50 am that would be a different story.
*
Now, I'm a little behind on blog reading, so I'll make a cuppa then do some catching up while I wait for Tony to surface. I think he's having a catch up sleep today. 

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love your pretty trees, Lou - your house looks very cheerful! Same here, we never decorated until after our son's birthday on 2nd December. Keep a mince pie for me, they are my favourites.

Jenny said...

How pretty your trees look, and the Garland around your door, very festive indeed!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your home looks lovely and festive. Happy baking today x

ButterZ said...

All your trees and decorations look lovely.

Jeanette said...

Your trees look pretty. Love the garland around your door. Love mice pies but no-one else here does. :(

kiwikid said...

Your trees and door garland look wonderful.

Maria said...

All your Christmas 🎄 trees look lovely as does the garland over the door…
I’ve only put decorations on our tree today and I planned to put up my wall hangings too but we have a power outage again so minimal light. 🤬….

Christine B said...

It's all looking beautiful. That's my job for the day.... putting the decorations up before everyone arrives during the course of next week! Have a lovely weekend! Christine xx

Fiona said...

Your house is looking very festive,

Hugz

Ondrea said...

Your trees are very pretty. We never have a tree but I usually put up all my handmade decos that I have made and other bloggers gifted to me over the years. This year I cannot be bothered getting everything out and having to put it all away again so I only have my reindeers on display for my grandsons. Your home will be very cheery.

Mystic Quilter said...

I love your trees Lou, looks like Christmas is really here! We are not nearly as organised this year.

Susan said...

Wow - I'm guessing you are a bit of a Christmassy person!!! Love the idea of all the different tress - but one is plenty for me and until last year when all the family were at our place - grandchildren included - I hadn't bothered for years

I think id agree about doing all late shifts not that I work shifts but I'm much more a late in the day person.

cityquilter grace said...

such pretty trees...glad you survived the 7 days...

jude's page said...

I am catching up on blog reading tonight, and your Christmas trees look fantastic, and more than one!! There was no trees put up in this house, only a nativity set on the piano.