Tuesday 19 March 2024

A very busy weekend.

I was triple booked this weekend. Not only did I have to work three shifts on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Chooky had a zoom day planned and I had two days of Timaru Patch workers club to attend. 
I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
I spent the whole weekend (While not working), working on my EPP project, more about that soon. First lets have a look at pictures from club.
Only eight of us were able to attend, and some of those eight had show and tell.
Marike had finished the huge scrapper she was working on in January.
Each square is made from crumbs and then done quilt as you go style and she has closed the sashing strips on the back by hand.
My picture does not do it any justice, it is stunning.
I want to do one.
Another piece completed my Marike, this time using yarn scraps.
Such a lovely wee blanket. Amanda was inspired and after seeing this on Saturday started her own version on Sunday using a variegated yarn.
Marike's latest project is these amazing birds.
Each one hand sewn embellished with embroidery, buttons and beads and pretty bits of trim. In this image she was playing about with the layout.
Our president and my pal Angela had dug out her Lucy Boston bed runner. She completed the top about four years ago and has finally decided that it is time to quilt it.
The backing fabric she chose is beautiful.
This lovely batik applique was stretched over a canvas, with a beautiful maroon backing fabric.
Sandy also completed the binding on this lovely quilt on Saturday.
Of course there were lots of other projects to see but I didn't get photos.
As I mentioned above, I spent the whole weekend working on my spots and stripes EPP.
I put together a whole pile of diamonds both at home with Chooky and the zoom girls and also at club.
I was able to add two more rows to my small beginnings from last month.
Then took a block out of the middle because it was upside down. LOL
I still have lots of block shapes to add and a whole pile of diamonds to sew together. 
*
Now I really need to get back to my secret cross stitch, I started a second one this month, hoping to get ahead on my obligations. It would be nice to get it finished by the end of the month. 
*
Phew, I'm all caught up. 

13 comments:

Janice said...

That sure was a busy weekend and very social too. Your EPO is coming along nicely and there was some really lovely show and tell. Clever girls.

Jennifer said...

Love seeing all the show and tell!

Lin said...

What a great weekend! Brilliant show and tell. xx

Ma Betty said...

I just love the scrappy, crumby on at the top! It inspires me. I also love your tumbling diamonds. That is going to be great too.

Jenny said...

Lovely show and tell, and you've got a great bunch of EPP diamonds.

cityquilter grace said...

so many pretty projects not the least of which are you uber colorful diamonds...

Lianne makes stuff said...

What a great weekend, I love scrap quilts and those at your club looked great

Rose Marie said...

What a great show & tell and it was nice to see you on zoom.

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a colourful post today - and a busy weekend indeed!!

kiwikid said...

That was a busy weekend! Wonderful show and tell from the club, love the crumb quilt! Very clever. Marike is a clever lady! Your diamonds are growing well.

Maria said...

Thanks for sharing all the beautiful show and tell.

dq said...

Every time I see a Lucy quilt I drool. I just don't love EPP yet.
Your dots and stripes EPP is gorgeous and such a happy little project.

Chookyblue...... said...

Great show and tell... Glad the Lucy is finished... Good to see your epp growing....