Sunday 10 March 2024

Chookshed Challenge, March.

 This month Deana pulled #4 out of the hat, which for me means I have to quilt a scrappy quilt.
When I went looking I found two that I could play with. Even better I found a piece of fabric that was big enough to back both of them.
The first one was loaded on to the frame on Thursday but I didn't get back to quilt it until yesterday. (Saturday). 
It's only a lap sized quilt so really didn't take long to do.
It's been waiting since October 2022 so not too long.
I used a very quick and easy edge to edge pattern.
I left the same quilting E2E pattern on and quickly loaded the second scrappy quilt and got that one done too.
I finished hand sewing these hexagons in September last year. So they didn't have to wait too long.
I didn't realise quite how close I was cutting it on the bobbin thread until I was tidying up. 
The supervisor was exhausted by it all and had to have a snooze in the sun.
All that remains for me to do is to trim the edges and add binding. I have a collection of green binding off cuts and left overs to bind the green quilt and I have found an interesting stripe to bind the hexies. Hopefully I can get at least one of them done tomorrow before work.
But even if it doesn't happen, I have still achieved my goal for the Chookshed challenge. 
I see many people in blogland making progress too. 

15 comments:

Lin said...

Good to get that challenge out of the way. Two lovely tops, the hexies do look great. xx

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Way to meet a challenge!!!
Love them both!!!

Jeanette said...

Both quilts look wonderful. Nice to have the challenge done.

Jenny said...

Well done with the quilting. Just the binding to do now.

Jennifer said...

Well done, Lou!

Janice said...

Well done! Isn’t this challenge the best thing to prompt us to work on projects we otherwise may still have tucked away for later.

Jenny said...

You have been busy with those lovely quilts. Lou what size is your quilt frame.

Ma Betty said...

i like the overall resulting quilting pattern of the waves. Good one.

dq said...

Wow two tops quilted already in March! You are doing amazing! You finished before mid-month as well. I have yet to put a single stitch in my March project.
I will get the linky party up in a day or two.

Fiona said...

Lovely to get those done, amazing what is achieved when we put our mind to it
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Congratulations on completing #4!! They look wonderful, I like that quilting pattern. Ah poor supervisor!!

Rose Marie said...

Nice to get those two quilts quilted! You have done very well with your challenge this month!

Susan said...

Well done on your early finishes - oh the convenience of a quilting machine!

Karen S said...

That's the bonus with this challenge. It makes you get things done!
Great work with the quilting, and how lucky were you with the bobbin thread!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

Well done Lou...... You did great.....