Saturday 30 March 2024

March Round Up.

The end of another month is upon us. Time for a look back to see what I have achieved.
Deana picked #4 for our Chookshed challenge, which for me was to quilt a scrapper.
Once again I over achieved, I quilted not one but two. LOL
They were fun to do.
*
On my monthly goals list I was to cut for another scrapper, to take along to club sewing days. I not only cut, I sewed and quilted it. LOL
Not on a club day, but here at home.
*
My two RSC Kiwi look regal in purple this month.
I wonder what colour we will be working with next month?
*
I can't show them here because they are secret, but I cross stitched not one but two Christmas ornaments. Yay! Then I went on to complete the last few stitches needed on my black kitty cat.
And here he is, all done. I need to give him a wash and a good press then figure out how to finish him.
I'm all set up and ready to stitch my next larger project. I'll show more when I make a start, but my priority will be the secret ornaments.
*
I found time to do a little more work on rescuing my daughter in laws crochet blanket.
It is almost done and I'll be able to return it to her very soon.
*
I've worked on my Spots and Stripes EPP project, it's grown a little since this pic was taken.
I even filled in the hole I made in the middle where I removed an upside down piece. LOL
And I started cutting for my next EPP.
*
I've tried out a few new recipes.
Peach and raspberry jam.
Blondies. YUM!
And slow cooker tomato relish.
I used the last of the tomatoes, some were a little green.
I left them in the slow cooker overnight and the house smelled amazing in the morning. No taste test yet, it's best to leave these things for a few weeks. But if the smell is anything to go by it will be beautiful.
I'm sure there were other new recipes, but life was so busy I forgot to note them.
*
Since completing the latest scrap quilt I've been busy in my scrap drawers and sewing crumbs together.
These are not finished blocks, I plan to add more.
Teddy is not really a crumb, but I just had to use him.
I'm not really sure where this is going, but I'm enjoying the journey.
*
Way back at the beginning of the month I tried a new to me craft.
Paverpol or powertex.
I made Breeshey.
She is all painted and though the photo doesn't show it she has sparkles all over her wings. She is still awaiting her coat of varnish.
Phew!
A busy month.
*
And finally, I scored a new position at work.
Next week I begin morning shifts.
Which means there will be a period of adjustment and possibly less sewing time.
We'll see how that goes.
Happy Easter, I hope you all have a great long weekend.
I'll be working my last few late shifts and hopefully finding time to sew.

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

You had a very busy month with lots of lovely projects. The jam sounds delicious.

Janice said...

Wow! You did achieve a lot in the month. It looks like you ticked all the boxes with your goals and some. Have an enjoyable Easter weekend and good luck with the role change. I’m sure you will settle in and work this to fit in some sewing time.

Ma Betty said...

Lou, you have certainly had a full month. I hope the new work position does not steal too much of your creative time.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

What a busy month you've had. Everything looks great!

kiwikid said...

You have had a really busy month Lou and achieved so much, well don on meeting the monthly challenge! Your crumb blocks look wonderful as does your cross stitch and crochet. You Paverpol fairy is so pretty. The jam and tomato relish sounds great.

Karen S said...

Lots of great achievements for the month, but that black cat is special!

Jenny said...

It was indeed a busy month for you, well done!

dq said...

Oh my goodness, Lou. For a lady who said she doesn't join goal challenges, you have accomplished a ton! Yes, you have over achieved every single month!!!

I like where you photographed your quilts. I have not seen that location before. It is muddy and cold out. I don't have much of a yard to photograph my quilts in.

cityquilter grace said...

lots of pretties to show for the month....i used to make green tomato pickles which i love but off the menu now...your relish sounds yummy!

Ondrea said...

Oh my! How do you do it? So many lovely quilts and I absolutely looooove your cross stitched cat! I have seen some beautiful cat cross stitches in blackish colours but am too afraid I won't be able to see what I am doing. Well done!

Susan said...

a buy month! good to see kitty cat all finished - he/she is very striking!!

Christine M said...

Lovely quilts. You have been very busy working on lots of things.

Chookyblue...... said...

You got heaps done...... Go Girl....