Friday 22 March 2024

Aaaannd another one!

Do you recall I showed you this quilt top a few days ago?
I wasn't supposed to be putting it together this month, I was just cutting and kitting to take along to a club day. But somehow it just happened. LOL
You know how that goes right?
Anyway, I didn't just sew the pieces together, I got on and quilted it also.
I was debating whether or not it would need a border or two, but the backing fabric I found in the stash didn't allow for that, so no borders.
I used another of those quilt E2E designs that were gifted to me. 
I added the binding on the same day, then the following day I closed the binding on my machine.
Yay! It worked out much better than last time I tried and I'm happy with it.
Then, outside for a photo shoot.
First a quick turn on the rocking chair. That looks good.
Then I tried over the deck rail.
She does look good in the sun.
Then, finally so that you can see all those pretty fabrics again.
And the lovely quilting design I chose.
Floral hit and miss is now a finished quilt and will be donated.
Of course all of that means I didn't do very much to my second cross stitch this month.
Sigh...
There is still just over a week left.
I've been busy in the kitchen too.
Our neighbour's gave us a big bag of black boy peaches so, Black Boy peach and raspberry jam.
 
And in the dishes behind the jars, the beginnings of two Black boy peach and two plum oatmeal crisp bakes. They now have their oaty, crumbly topping and are wrapped and in the freezer ready for when we need a sweet treat.
*
My kitchen and sewing time are about to take a hit.
I have a new position at work. Rather than working 3.15 pm - 10.15 pm only, I will be switching to 7am - 3.30 pm shifts.
EeK! No more having all day to do my own thing, time for sewing, baking, preserving, shopping and lunch with the girls will be limited to my days off. 
It may take a while to adjust. 

16 comments:

Lin said...

Such a pretty finish Lou and the quilting looks great. Had to look up your black boy peaches as I had never heard of them but they do sound delicious. And the plant is resistant to leaf curl which is a bonus, we always had a problem with that. Oh dear, all that daytime free time gone! Hope you enjoy the new position. xx

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Gosh what a beautiful quilt, love the outside shots in the sun. That’s a lovely quilting design to finish it with too. You have been so productive in the sewing room! Good luck with the new schedule.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love it when that happens!! you feel so accomplished!! and it looks great !!!

Ma Betty said...

Your latest quilt reminds me of one I made for my little Ellen (now 45) to crawl on when she was tiny. I still have it but it was only two layers. It is now full of splits, wears and holes but still gets used as a play, cooking and painting mat when needed with my grandchildren.
I am also spending lots of time preserving and freezing - quinces, nashi, apples. Quince paste is my favourite.

Jenny said...

That was a very quick finish, sometimes we just cant help ourselves and just have to get right on with a project which excites us. Always nice to see your kitchen endeavours and j like the idea of ready to cook desserts waiting in the freezer.

Mystic Quilter said...

I love this sort of quilt!! Large pieces showing off the fabric and simple straight line piecing.

Fiona said...

That is such a pretty quilt.... all the best with the new position.... I'm sure you will get into a new routine quick enough to keep up with the sewing...
Hugz

ButterZ said...

You did a fabulous job on the quilt. Nice to be finished. So many jams and desserts. Good luck with your new ours and reorganising your sewing time.

cityquilter grace said...

pretty quilt...yummy looking jam...ah transition to days...it'll be an adjustment...

kiwikid said...

That is a beautiful quilt Lou, sometimes you just need to keep going while the muse has you! You have been very busy in the kitchen too! Hope the work transition goes ok for you.

Ondrea said...

Wow! Talk about a woman on a mission! Well done!! You certainly do a lot with your time, very productive indeed.

Karen S said...

Wow, that was a fast quilt. Colours are lovely and it looks great.
That jam sounds really delicious. Handy to have neighbours and friends with fruit trees.

Susan said...

I hope the new position works well - it will take some adjustment!

Funny how you start something...and think...I'll just do that bit . . .then a bit more....and on it goes.

dq said...

Love the quilting pattern you selected. I also love the floral prints that look so happy together. That was literally a quilt in a day!

Chookyblue...... said...

Well done with the quilt......
Great pics.....
Goodluck with the new role......

Chookyblue...... said...

Well done with the quilt......
Great pics.....
Goodluck with the new role......