Wednesday 13 March 2024

Acquisitions, Rainbow Kiwis and new beginnings.

Well I've blown my pocket money this month. After splurging on the sale table last week I only went and bought a book and some pretty batik fabrics this week. LOL
The two may, or may not stay together. 
I was tempted to purchase the book by seeing quilts made following this Quilt along.
Pretty, pretty pretty. I wanna play. 
It's an old one and you can see lots of different versions if you know where to look. 
Great inspiration. 
I ticked off another of my goals yesterday by making up my two purple Kiwi for the RSC.
For some reason although the first one went together just fine, the second one gave me issues, I had to rip, rip, rip more than one mistake and don't even ask why his beak is so short!
What ever the issue, they are done and nestled comfortably with the others in the project box.
What to do next?
My lovely blue fabrics which Tony bought for me way back in October 2021! 
😐🤯
Really?
That long ago?
Oh boy, they should be starting to mature nicely by now. 
Anyway, they finally got the chop. I'll be using them for an EPP project.
Yes I know spots and stripes is not finished yet, but it will be one day and I need to have another project ready to go at a moments notice. So I got cutting. 
Hmm, does this count as precutting my scrap project for club?
Maybe not, maybe I'll make time tomorrow for that as it is on my monthly goals list, and it doesn't hurt to have a quick scrap project all ready to go. 
I've done some cross stitch on my secret Christmas ornament, but I'm hoping to get two made this month.
I have yet to find a new recipe to try out.
So plenty to keep me busy over the next week.
Oh and I'm sure Chooky said she was hoping to zoom this weekend.
And I have not one but two club sewing days. I think I'll just take my EPP rather than a scrappy as I can only attend for part of the day as it's my weekend to work. 
I hope your week is going well and plans are working out for you.

12 comments:

dq said...

I am sure birds have different sized beaks. They look fantastic in purple. I have yet to begin my purple fish, but the fabric is selected.
The rainbow of fabric colors are gorgeous! Enjoy the new book.

Raewyn said...

It's always exciting to be planning a new project, Lou...I would say that is pocket money well spent! I love your kiwis too....nice to have one standing out from the crowd :-) We might see you on Saturday!

Lin said...

Your new fabrics and book look delicious! Nice to see those blues again. xx

Jennifer said...

Some fabrics - like yours - are all the better for a time of maturing. Love those batiks....

Anonymous said...

Love the purple kiwi…especially the individuality of the birds, gives them personality. Cheers, Louise

Mystic Quilter said...

Luscious looking batiks!! You were brave to make these little kiwis, they're so cute and it doesn't really matter if their beaks are different lengths.

Fiona said...

Lovely fabrics... well worth blowing the budget for!
Hugz

Tazzie said...

Nice to see you on Zoom this morning hon, I hope you had a good shift at work.
Hugs, Tazzie xox

cityquilter grace said...

i totally understanding cutting for a new project....makes perfect sense to me..

Ondrea said...

Oh dear! Poor kiwi. I have that book, enjoy playing with those cheerful fabrics. Love the blues and look forward to seeing that project as it grows.

Karen S said...

I am loving these kiwis. They will look great all together.

Chookyblue...... said...

Nice shopping and I'm so excited to see your cutting into your new epp...
. Yes it had been maturing nicely so ready to crack into..... What's the background??????