Tuesday 19 March 2024

March Chookshed update.

So as you know, the choockshed challenge number for this month is #4.
And for me that means I had to quilt one of my scrappy quilt tops.  
I'm back to say they are completed.  I've sewn on the bindings and closed them by hand.
I really do need to practice closing on the machine.
That said, I do enjoy the process of closing by hand. 
So here they are enjoying some sun.
Two very different styles of scrappy quilt, but both were fun to make.
The batting I used is loftier than my usual brand and they seem a little puffier than I am accustomed to.
A closer look at the bindings. This coloured stripe looks great with the floral hexies.
And I used up two pieces of green left over bindings for the other quilt.
A scrappy quilt, with a scrappy binding.
Seems appropriate. 
Over the last few weeks I have been cutting bits and pieces of floral fabrics ready to create a new scrappy quilt top.
Yesterday was it's day. It really didn't take long to put all the pieces together. 
Who knows, I may even get it quilted before the month is over, then I can claim three finished scrappy quilts for March. I'd better find some backing and binding fabric. LOL
While I was beavering away with my needle and thread, my supervisor was snoozing.
I had a busy weekend, but that is for another post.

6 comments:

Janice said...

Well done. They turned out terrific.

Jennifer said...

Even supervisors need time off sometimes.

Lin said...

Your quilts look great out in the sunshine and I love the puffy look. Hand finished bindings are so much nice that machined ones! xx

Karen S said...

Your scrappy quilts look lovely. I always like a striped binding, too. Great finishes.

dq said...

Just look at those lovely bindings and finishes bathing in the sun. It looks like a happy day even for the cat.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow you were on a sewing spree..........love all the outside photos......