Saturday 2 March 2024

And now for something completely different.

So today I took some annual leave and went with a colleague to have some fun.
We turned some wire and kitchen foil in to stick figures.
Then the stick figures became pretty ladies.
My lady of course has wings.
Being born and bred on the Isle of Man, I know all about fairies. And I hope I have managed to create something that themselves would appreciate.
Maybe I'll plant a fern in that there hole?
I still need to add a paint effect and a coating of varnish. 
Maybe next weekend.
There were twelve of us in the class.
This was my colleague Gilly's.
Shh don't tell her but Tony says she looks like the Corpse Bride.
😲
There were so many different finishes.
Some with shawls and some without.
There were even some blokes.
This chap is panning for gold.
And this was the only colourful lady.
Such a beautifully bright fabric.
There were sitters.
And standers.
Each one different.
Two of the blokes were fishing.
What an amazing way to spend 6 hours. 
If you ever have the chance to attend a paverpol class, 
TAKE IT!
Oh my goodness, it was so easy.
I worried that I would struggle to get things to drape nicely or that I would muss up the hair.
But seriously.....
it was easy.
There isn't really a wrong way.
Another look at my fairy. Because I love her so much.
Her name is Breeshey.
(pronounced Breesha).
It is the Manx Gaelic version of Briget.
Meaning, Exalted one.
I'll post some more images once she is painted.
Look, here are the models that the tutor had on display. 
The paints do make a difference.
Like I said, if you get the chance, go for it.

19 comments:

Jeanette said...

That looks like so much fun. Love your fairy.

Lin said...

That does look like a fun way to spend a day off! Your fairy is lovely, well everyone's looks lovely, obviously a good tutor. xx

Jennifer said...

Love your Breeshey - that looks like a fun class!

ButterZ said...

They all look so amazing. That sounds like so much fun

Rose Marie said...

Wow ... what an interesting class and amazing what was created. I can tell you had fun!

Jenny said...

What a fun class, you did brilliantly well. As did the other pupils.

Susan said...

That sounds like a lot of fun - I will go looking to see if there are any around here.
love yours - love them all really.

Mystic Quilter said...

You must all have had so much fun in this class, the results are amazing and I'm so pleased you showed all of them here. Looking forward to seeing Breeshey when she has her paint on!

Karen S said...

What a fascinating process. Love what you have done.
A great workshop.

kiwikid said...

Wow! Your fairy is beautiful Lou!! I would love to do a class like that. Love the bright coloured lady, can't wait to see yours painted.

Denice Barker said...

Wow!!

Fiona said...

What fun - I love all those creations...
Hugz

dq said...

Oh wow, you are so talented!!! They look amazing!

Janice said...

Wow! They are all gorgeous and so different. It is definitely the perfect craft for a Manxie. You say it is easy, but it definitely doesn’t look it. I look forward to seeing yours painted.

Ondrea said...

What an awesome idea! They all look amazing.

Radka said...

Wow, how clever!

Ma Betty said...

Oh Lou! I love your fairy and the whole idea. They are all gorgeous! I will certainly watch out for one of those workshops over in Oz.
Betty..

Maria said...

What a fun workshop to attend. Love your Fairy.

Chookyblue...... said...

While it's not something I'm going to do I found this totally fascinating...... And yours is very cool.....