Thursday 29 February 2024

February round up.

Another month is done and even though I had a dance with COVID I managed to carry on and sew.  On the one day that the virus made me too poorly to concentrate I was still able to get in some time on my daughter in law's crochet blanket. Her granny made it for her many years ago, it needed a little love. Many of the yarn ends have come adrift and need to be resecured. I got about half way through that.
There was no nice border or edge treatment and Lee agreed that I could add one, so I also made a start on adding a purple shell edge.
So if I did that on a bad day, what did I do on not so bad days and good days?
I pulled out a bundle of Debbie Mumm fabrics that I acquired in a box of scraps. There was an orphan churn dash block with them and I have taken inspiration from that.
I have continued to make churn dash blocks using the fabric scraps.
I've made six so far which means I now have a total of seven.
They are all different sizes so I'll have to get creative when it comes time to put them together. 
I've found time to work on my Black Cat cross stitch.
He has progressed further since this photo was taken. I was hoping that he would be completed today, but I don't think I will manage that.
I'm happy to say that as well as all of that I also managed to complete my monthly goals list.
So lets have a look at that.
Top of my list, the Chook shed challenge. This month Deanna picked #2 which for me meant I must focus on my EPP.
I completed the Facebook flowers.
This was a bundle I purchased from facebook. Some of the flowers had been sewn together, some were basted. There was no pattern, just basted hexies and a bundle of fabric.
I went with what felt good.
Now to get it quilted and bound.
Once that was done I started to sew together some diamonds I had basted.
I have to say I'm loving these bright colours.
I think this will be a very happy project.
I also completed my two RSC Kiwi birds.
I cross stitched a Christmas ornament and completed the finishing on it and Januarys completed stitching.
I managed to do more that 15 mins of something every day, even when I was ill.
I did precut a project to take along to quilting club, but couldn't attend as I had the virus.
And last but not lease I tried not one, but several new recipes this last month.
The latest two were courgette and cheese scones and also rhubarb and orange jam.

Phew!
What a busy month.
So what's in store for March?
More of the same, but without the COVID.
Yes I will cut a scrap project for club day even though I didn't sew Februarys.
Maybe once I get my monthly ornament stitched I can complete the black cat.
I wonder what number Deanna will pull and what colour the RSC will be?
And here's hoping there will be some more new recipes to try.
*
How was your February?

11 comments:

Jeanette said...

You had a busy month. The hexie quilt looks very lovely. Those diamonds are bright & cheery, love them.

kiwikid said...

What a busy month for you Lou despite having the dreaded covid!! Loving your diamonds and the hexie quilt looks wonderful.

Jennifer said...

Not bad going for February, Lou!

Janice said...

Other than your dance with Covid, you had a fabulous February. You did much better than me on the cooking front. I’m so looking forward to seeing the completed black cat with that peering eye. Like you, I’m itching to know the colour and number we will be working on next month.

ButterZ said...

Sick or not you achieved a great deal. Good job

ButterZ said...

Sick or not you achieved a great deal of wonderful projects

Maria said...

You’ve had a good month even though you e been sick.
So good you can repair the treasured crochet blanket.
Nice Debbie Mumm churn Dash blocks.

Fiona said...

A lovely busy crafty month and such a great assortment of projects....
Hugz

dq said...

And another month has come and gone. You accomplished a ton!
The little churn dashes are so cute!
Your biscuits/scones look so yummy!

cityquilter grace said...

lou your blog always inspires me to sew, quilt,cook and eat...lol

Chookyblue...... said...

You got heaps done...... Love the new epp.....