Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Oops! I did it again.

 And here we are at my three days off. I do love this part of my roster. Three whole days to do my thing. Well mostly. The chores do get in the way.  I got busy early this morning and got todays chores done and out of the way.  Then it was time to play.  I got the last of the memory quilt blocks cut and laid them onto the fabric I plan to use for sashing strips. 


I wanted to check that none of them became invisible.  I think they will all be fine. Tomorrow's job will be cutting sashing strips. I have three pieces of each of these fabrics and there is more should I need them.
I left things there as I had to go out to see my chiropractor. 

∘◦❀◦∘
Once I got home it was time for some lunch, then I settled in to do some work on Down in the Garden. I spent most of the afternoon sewing up a storm, I'll show pictures soon. During a break to make and drink a cuppa I had a look at facebook marketplace and spied a bargain!


Two more grocery bags, filled to bursting with pretty fabrics.
Of course I made another donation to Sue's grandchildren's bank account. LOL

Again another mix of larger cuts, fat quarters and smaller pieces.
Two bags full.

And once again there were WIPs.


This one looks like fun.



After sorting through both bags, I put them onto my cutting table, ready to be put away another day. Picked up my needle and got back to my down in the garden. While I was out this morning, I called in to see one of ladies from my local club, she had the thread colour I had run out of.  It's a good match. I'm happy about that. The final word has been stitched and now it's back to the flowers.  I'll post an image soon.

🪡🪡🪡

4 comments:

Barwitzki said...

Gorgeous fabrics—I look forward to seeing what you create with them.
I hope you have two more days off...
to enjoy with lovely things.
hug

dianne said...

being allergic to the A word (applique - not the other a word) would make those already appliqued blocks a huge bonus around here - excellent find!!!

Karen S said...

You have a knack of finding these wonderful treasures.

Lianne makes stuff said...

The teddies look cute