I said yesterday that I wanted to find the border fabrics for Down in the Garden and get them on or get the border onto the Memory quilt and make progress on that. The memory quilt won by default. I had a busy, but fantastic day in my happy room today and the fun machine got to play for a while too.
I used some of the wide backing to add a border around those clothing patches.
Then I got busy with the remainder of the wide back and clothing patches. I forgot to get a photo, but I used the left over blocks and a hankie to make a panel to set into the backing fabric. Next, I traced a label onto the hankie. A bit backwards I know, but I was waiting for Annabel to get back to me on the desired wording and decided to carry on. I guess we should have had that conversation sooner. LOL She let me know her choices while I was sewing, so I was able to get it embroidered today. 🪡🪡
It's kind of hard to see in this image, those flowers are getting in the way, so I'll help out.
🪡 These are clothes I used to wear,
When you hold them, know I'm there.
For Tyler, in memory of mum.
xxxx xxxxxxxxxx
Feb 1963 0 Oct 2025 🪡
When you hold them, know I'm there.
For Tyler, in memory of mum.
xxxx xxxxxxxxxx
Feb 1963 0 Oct 2025 🪡
Next, it was time to get everything loaded onto the frame. The afternoon sun was lighting up the trees in the garden.
3 comments:
That looks lovely Lou well done! Do you label your quilts normally or just the gift ones?
Such a beautiful memory quilt and the label is gorgeous.
such a pretty memory quilt and I love the label.
You have a lovely view from your quilting machine.
Post a Comment