Monday 25 May 2020

Slow Progress

Progress has slowed somewhat recently.
I have been very good at ensuring I get in my 15 mins before work each day, but it seems that is all I have been managing.
Thank you Kate, for urging us on and encouraging us to do that little bit each day.
 As you can see from these photos....
 Most of my minimal crafting time has been spent on my Kaffetastic quilt top.
 With three sets of blocks completed and a fourth ready to go.
That's not all I have done though. I made three tiny crochet squares. LOL
I didn't know if there was a sew along on Friday or not, but sat for an hour with my cross stitch for a while. Not much progress though as I have reached another one of those areas with lots of different colours and only a few stitches in each. All that changing of threads really is time consuming.
I have also finished closing the binding on the flip flop scraps quilt, but following a discussion with Tony, we have decided it needs something more....
I went to the shop on the way home from work today.
I actually walked in to a bricks and mortar store!
I got to look at and touch real fabric, not just pictures and was even allowed to carry it to the cutting table! (Sigh) LOL
So watch out for more about the Flip Flops soon...
And finally, we have a regular visitor to our deck.
I believe I have shown photos of Noah previously.
He's such a handsome boy and very sociable.
But I couldn't resist experimenting the other day and popped a box out there.
Obliging as well as sociable. LOL
I'm off to play with my cross stitch. All those fiddly thread changes won't go away, so I should just get on with it. 
How did your week and weekend go?
Did you sew or craft for 15 mins each day??

9 comments:

seabreezequilts said...

We have been able to shop, but been trying to avoid going when it is getting crowded which means getting up early when I need something. It will be nice to go back to stitching with friends when things fully open up.

Maria said...

Go progress with the Kaffe kit...
I'm excited to see what you do with the Flip Flop Quilt ....
Hmm I know what you mean with the cross stitch....
I did do some sewing over the weekend as the wind and dust blow for hours outside....
Noah is a handsome fella....

Karen S said...

Even though it is only a few minutes each day it shows how much you can achieve. Glad you enjoyed your shopping trip.

Kate said...

Sorry you've not been able to get in much stitching time other than before work. But your Kaffetastic quilt blocks are looking good.

Fiona said...

Its a good discipline doing the 15 minutes .... and gets things done ...I am not so good as you at keeping that up especially on the machine... enticing the cat over with the box?
Lovely to visit shops again... most of our patchwork ones didn't close, which I thought was not really good but all seems ok...
Hugz

Janice said...

Every little bit of stitching mounts up. I haven’t done much at all, compared to what I want to do. Feeling rather lazy. Where has the month gone? I’m intrigued as to the added improvements to flip flops.

kiwikid said...

Noah is a very handsome fellow. Your blocks are great, 15 mins a day gives progress. I am lucky I am retired and can sew as much as I like! Yay!!

Raewyn said...

Those wee snippets of time are really adding up. Odd how all of a sudden we're so busy again and that time that stretched ahead of us during lockdown has disappeared! What a great idea to put a box out for the cat - we all know how much cats love boxes!!

Ondrea said...

Awe, your cat is rather photogenic. Try a tissue box next time. My cats used to try and sit in them lol. Your stitching is progressing well. Although we are allowed to go to shops now we are still isolating during winter and only shopping for what we need. I am trying to make do with what I have in the sewing room until higher risk time has passed. Enjoy your new fabrics.