Monday 4 May 2020

15 Minutes to stitch 2020

I often forget to link up with Kate at a Life in Pieces blog for the 15 minutes to stitch.
So I'm getting it in right at the start this time.
I have been managing to get in 15 minutes of something each day, and try very hard to get in at least 15 minutes before leaving for work. This past week I have been concentrating on my Kaffetastic project. This morning I completed these wee pretties.
Once I got in from work I prepared the next batch for tomorrow.
I can make two square in square blocks in 15 mins, some days I have a little extra time, which is nice.
The bottom left here is a pile of 6 blocks, so I have a couple of days all set to go.
Then it will be time to put the first rows together, before opening the next pack of pretty fabrics.
Over the weekend I completed the stitching on my wee angel. Now I just need to find a frame.
Hmm, to shop online, or wain until we are allowed into stores again?
Baby is not due for a while, I have plenty of time. For now she is safely stored away.
Speaking of baby, his mum sent me a video today with the sound of his heartbeat. 
😍😍😍💞😍😍😍
I keep promising to show a picture of my crochet project.
Here it is. LOL
Not much to see at the moment, just a bunch of wee squares all tucked away in a box.
Three shades of blue, two of green and a lovely cosy brown.
I'm in two minds about pulling out the rest of the leftovers and adding in some other colours.
I'll wait and see how many squares I end up with, using just the eight colours I have selected.
Some evenings I make just one, last night I made about seven.
It just depends on the mood, whats on TV and how my wrist is feeling.
Saturday and Sunday turned out to be quite different to my expectations. 
as I mentioned before I did get to finish my cross stitch, and I also did some crochet in the evenings, but that was it for crafting.
The days were beautiful and warm, Tony and I spent time sat out on the deck, playing board games again. Which was very, very nice. It's not often I get him to play a board game, he says they are boring, and he prefers his playstation games!
I'm off to make flapjacks, then do some more crochet.


14 comments:

Ondrea said...

Your blocks are lovely and I look forward to seeing more of your crochet. Are they Stylecraft Special DK? Colours look familiar. If you need any I may have some left over here.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Lou I really love your blocks and your stitchery is beautiful,well done on your stunning work,stay safe my friend xx

Sam I Am...... said...

I like your objective of 15 minutes as that is how I work on things too. I am 'old' so it seems I have to take 'breaks' and get off my feet more often than I used to! LOL! So, when I take a break I sit and crochet or cross-stitch. Sewing at my machine is hard on my neck and back so I do that in short spurts also but things get done! I love your quilt squares! The xs of that little angel is precious. I love your crochet squares and also how you store them. I am doing some lattice squares right now using up some stash. Your color choices are so pretty. Have a nice week!

Fiona said...

I love how your blocks are looking and you seem quite disciplined aobut your 15 minutes... angel is just lovely and perfect for a frame. my crochet is going a lot slower than yours... what board games do you play? we recently learnt and bought Sequence which we enjoy. also what is your flapjacks? I think they mean different things in different places..
Hugz

Karen's Korner said...

Your angel is exquisite. Love the colours in your crochet squares.

Ali Honey said...

Love the black and white and white and black spot fabric with the bright colours . It going to be really appealing.

Kaisievic said...

What a productive weekend and I love your angel stitching.

kiwikid said...

Your angel is lovely, well done on the finish. I like the colours you are using for the crochet squares, they will grow steadily. Your 15 mins sewing is working well too, your blocks look great. Nice to sit outside and play your board games.

Karen S said...

Your angel is looking lovely and is a delightful finish.

Raewyn said...

It is amazing how much we can squeeze in to 15 minutes if we are organised enough. Your pile of square in a square blocks will really grow if you stick at it! The angel is gorgeous; you seemed to get the last bit finished pretty quickly. Lucky you with the heartbeat - how special is that ♥

Maria said...

Great progress on the kaffe kit by doing your 15 mins a day..
The angel is gorgeous and how lovely to have a video of the bubs heartbeat..
Great collection of your crochet squares...

Barwitzki said...

I was so excited for the angel ... he has become beautiful.
I am happy for you.
Have fun with quilting ... wonderful fabrics.
Greetings and have a good week of Viola

Janice said...

I love the little angel and the colours of your crochet squares are nice and cosy. Board games would have been fun and a nice change.

Kate said...

You've done really well to find those minutes to stitch each day. Your square in a square blocks are looking really good. Love the black and white polka dot fabrics. Very fun!