Saturday 16 May 2020

Another Friday Night!

That's three Fridays in a row! I am getting good.
I spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening busy stitching on Spring Queen. and made lots of happy progress. This first picture is where I left her the night before, all ready to add her left arm and her flowers.
 During the afternoon I made good progress adding her arm and a pretty sleeve.
 After a break for dinner I was able to get in another  two hours and did a little work on the edge of the bouquet, most noticeably that big green leaf. I also did a little more work in her bodice, just filling in a few stitches here and there. It was slower going as I had a few colours that only required 5 or 6 stitches. All that stopping and starting and changing threads takes up a lot more time than the larger area in two colours on her arm.
In spite of all the chopping and changing I'm really pleased with my efforts and will hopefully get back to her later today.
So that was my Friday (Afternoon) Night Sew In.
To see who else joined in and what they achieved have a look here.
Queenie wasn't the only project to get my attention yesterday.
In the morning after a few chores, I put together my I stitch block.
 I made a mistake!!
But opted to leave it as is. 
After I had tidied away that project box, out came the RSC. I had selected the dark greens a few days ago and was all set to cut and sew.
It really doesn't take long to make up these blocks. I now have 15 butterflies in 5 different colours  hibernating in my box. 
None of them have their bodies yet, maybe some time soon I should have a day of adding the little applique bodies.
It was after I had completed the butterflies, that I turned my attention to Spring Queen.
But, before leaving my wee room I pulled out the binding fabric for the Flip Flop scraps quilt. It's all ready for cutting, and the next bundle of fabrics for the Kaffetastic quilt top are also sitting neatly awaiting the attention of the roller blade.
I was hoping that my quilting thread to finish the Flip Flops would have been delivered bright and early this morning, but sadly it's not yet arrived, so I'm off to fiddle with something, while I wait, impatiently.
How did your Friday go?

12 comments:

Cheryll said...

Your "lady" is looking even more gorgeous...
Nice lot of sewing at FNSI too...xox

Jenny said...

Pretty butterflies, are making this for someone in particular, or just because? It's always good to get the RSC blocks finished each time, and the butterflies have joined their other friends.

kiwikid said...

You had a very productive time. Your cros stitch lady is looking wonderful, you got a lot done on her. Your blocks you put together look wonderful and the butterfly blocks are looking good too.

Janice said...

You make me tired just reading about all your progress. You’re on a roll. Everything is looking lovely.

Maria said...

Great progress on the Spring Queen. ( been looking for the picture of the cross stitch i'm doing but have put it in a safe place, grrr! )
Well done doing your dark green butterflies.
Good to have the binding ready and fabric out to cut more of Kaffe Kit too.

Karen's Korner said...

You are "powering" along with your cross stitch. Beautiful work.

Lin said...

You had a nice busy day. Lots of progress on your Spring Queen. xx

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous cross stitch. Love how your BOM block looks. Hugs, xx

Ondrea said...

You did a lot of crosstitch in such a short time. It looks beautiful. Loving the progress of your Gail Pan stitching.

Raewyn said...

Beautiful work on your Spring Queen - she is growing so well! It sounds like you had a productive day all round, with the scrap sewing as well. Hope that thread arrives soon - I understand the posties are run off their feet at the moment.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Your cross stitch is looking really pretty. And I'm really looking forward to seeing the butterfly bodies. Are they appliqued on?

Susan said...

Obviously you had fun - your cross stitch is looking lovely