Friday 1 May 2020

Happy Progress Post

It's been a good crafty week here, even though I've had to increase my hours at work back up to full contract I'm still making good progress on my projects.
My Kaffetastic quilt has been my morning before work focus. I achieved 15 minutes each morning except today. Today I was wishing a happy birthday to my gorgeous grandson. 
He is an outdoor boy, and loves to play outside no matter what the weather.
Happy second birthday Floki. ❤️💜❤️
So here is the progress on my Kaffe quilt. In little pieces like this, those big bold prints are much easier to take. 
Once I am done here, I will make up for this morning.
 I have been spending my evenings doing both cross stitch and crochet.
Here is where my wee cross stitch angel is up to.
She is to be a welcome gift for Flokis new cousin, Torstein ( I think I spelled that correctly) will be born in September. 
My crochet is progressing slowly, just a couple of little squares each day.
I'll try to remember to get a photo some time soon. 
*
Well, that's all my news for now, but we have the Friday night sewing get together this evening. I might stay with Kaffe, or I may cross stitch, I'm really enjoying both at the moment.
The backing fabric for my Flip Flop scraps has arrived, but it needs a really good press and some  piecing, before I can load it into the frame. Maybe a job for tomorrow. 
My cuppa is all gone, so must be time to move.
How was your week?

7 comments:

Fiona said...

I love your grandies names.... and outside is perfect for little people ... some great crafting ... it's a bit of a pity to be back full time??? I'll be stitching also tonight...
Hugz

Maria said...

Happy Birthday Floki.. Boy those two years have gone very quickly.
Your Kaffe kit is looking good and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on the cross stitch.
I always enjoy my Friday nights sewing along with all my online friends...

Karen S said...

With everything you are doing it really shows that every bit counts. And happy birthdays wishes to your grandson, too.

Barwitzki said...

All happy birthday to the sweet little Floki.
I'm looking forward to the cross stitch angel. Torstein is a Nordic name,
I even think of Norway.
You do beautiful things. Have a happy first May.
Enjoy the beautiful fabrics.
Greetings to you
Viola

Jenny said...

What a happy looking little boy! Having fun playing outside with his dog keeping watch.
I've never purchased any Kaffe fabric, so I'll be watching with interest how this project evolves.
It's hard to believe it is May already, isn't it.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Lou what a beautiful little boy,I love his name,I have never had any kaffeeklatsch fabric ,but I do love his beautiful designs ,hope you have a lovely weekend my friend xx

Janice said...

I can’t believe he is two already. Where did that go? Great progress on your projects considering you are full time again.