Sunday 31 May 2020

When plans go awry!

As I mentioned in my last post, this is a long weekend here in NZ. I had all sorts of wonderful fun planned. I was going to do sew much.
Then Mr H suggested a day out yesterday, so not much happened yesterday. Well, apart from the acquisitions I told you about in yesterdays post! LOL
Today I told myself I was going to play all day in my room, add some of those finishing touches to the flip flop scraps I keep teasing about, maybe do some more to Kaffetastic......
Then a good friend called and said hey Lou, I have empty jars, do you need them?
Well of course I always need empty jars! I'm still picking chilli from the greenhouse!
So I packed up a few full jars and we hopped into my car.
We spent a wonderful hour or so catching up with our friends, it was lovely, we sat around, had a cuppa and a chat. Then came away with a huge box of empties and a bottle of wine.
Once we were home and lunch had been cooked and eaten, I fiddled for a while in my room. I sewed together some Kaffe blocks, but wasn't really settled.
Eventually I sat down in my armchair and after a quick trip around my bookmarks in the WWW I settled to cross stitch.
I'm still working on Spring Queens bouquet. If you remember I said it was fiddly with lots of colour changes. This is where I left it last time I worked on her.
My companion was very well settled in.
She joined me again today, perched up in the sunshine on the back of my chair.
I carried on working on the bouquet and managed to get quite a lot done.
At some point the afternoon light fell away and Tony pulled the curtains behind me.
Belle was still sat up on the back of the seat. She must have thought I was cold and loaned me her fur boa.
Kept warm in her loving embrace I carried on stitching into the evening.
Taking a break to cook and eat a quick dinner.
That bottle of wine Tony opened for me was calling though and I stopped here at about 9pm.
 I have about two thirds of the bouquet done now, there is still an error somewhere over on the left.
I've ripped it out three times and restitched. I cannot figure out what I've done, or where the error is, I'll just have to live with it.
If you're wondering...
All those tiny white spots in the sash and ribbons will be filled with a gold metallic thread.
I'm off for a well deserved glass of vino and to contemplate what I might do on a public holiday tomorrow.
I know I do need to make a Louise cake and deal with a bunch of Chilli, now I have jars!
Someone traded us a box of our wildfire, for a box of reaper!!
Might leave those to him. I don't mind a bit of heat, but our wildfires are about my limit.





5 comments:

Fiona said...

such wonderful cross stitch work.... I don't think anybody else would notice your 'error' - I certainly couldn't...
It's lovely being able to go and meet up with friends again...
Hugz

Janice said...

It sounds like you still had a nice day, even though it wasn’t exactly, or remotely, like you planned. No one will know there is an error in the bouquet if you don’t tell them. Not a bad idea to give up stitching once the bottle of wine came out. That could really cause some errors.

Karen S said...

You really got stuck into that bouquet. It is looking great. Don't worry about the error. No-one else will see it.

Kate said...

You did make a lot of progress! That counted cross stitch project is beautiful. Sounds like a nice relaxing day.

dq said...

Oh wow! That needlework is just ... well ... gives me a loss for words. It is beautiful and so much work!